zgemma upgrade - cant decide !!

MisterB

TK Veteran
hi, thinking of the xtrend 8000 - I have around £180 or so to spend. is the 8000 that much better than the zgemma (which does everything I need but slowly !) anything lese I should be considering??? Ive been putting this off all week and the money is burning a hole in my pockets LOL

I have an xtrend 9500, great box but slow

I would consider something quicker next time like a vu in the hope i can run kodi without waiting an hour for it to load lol, having said that I think the processor in the 8000 is quicker than the 9500 im not sure

yes, the processor is bigger and was recommended over the vuo duo by WoS ! my issue is though, what extra will get from the xtrend? is it just speed? I think the zgemma is a great receiver fro the price, so what does paying nearly three times as much give me as the end user, who basically just watches tv?

I agree kodi is slow on the zgemma but tsmedia portal is ok for watching movies etc over the interweb - though as I have crap internet speed due to my location out in the 'sticks' even that isn't brilliant!

a more expensive box wont cure the internet speed issue so am I better off just buying a new zgemma (when it comes out?)

Back