zgemma with dongle gobbling data on iphone !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

On my old server I used to use my box at my caravan and use a dongle to connect to my iphone with hotspot which worked great and did not use a lot of data.

Since changing to a new server and using same setup now it seems to be using a hell of a lot more data an that's not including streaming ?

Any ideas why this could be and is there a way to keep it to a bare minimum ?

Thanks

Simon

Anyone wanting to run their boxes when they are away in their caravans are better off using a mobile travel router and hard wiring your box with an ethernet cable from the mobile router direct to the box with in turn gives the box a solid connection and also creates a secure mobile wifi hotspot,i have set up quite a few down in west wales (tenby area) and they work very well,you can use a mobile wifi dongle on the best network for the area you are in which goes into the travel router to supply the wifi connection,Link to the ones i use below,I find a box will use around 2 GB per month on average use

TP-LINK TL-MR3020 Portable 3G/4G Wireless N Router (150 Mbps, Travel Router ,AP)

Hi, i dont have any issues with the connection on the iphone as it is spot on !

Just the data issues, last server used hardly anything all day but new one gobbles it up !

Thanks

Its just to let other people see how it can be done as ive been asked a few times how to do it by pm,at least with a dongle you can see how much data the box uses as well

Theres a mg-cfg file in downloads thats been altered to stop hogging internet you could try swapping yours fir that one see if you notice a diffrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back