Zgemma

And1

THi just bought what i assumed would be h2s zgemma with 500 Gb hardrive and plex for £130 but instead was sent zgemma star s with 8gb USB stick .., is this an entirely different box ,, better or worse ?? Any advice would be great thanks

The box is right but obviously the difference between 500GB and 8GB is huge, you won't be able to record a lot on it. Given that the seller has short changed you in this manner I would be suspicious of Plex even working (service not hardware), did you buy any chance get a 24 month gift? Does the box even work?

I'm sure a star s is a single tuner so your limited on recording as you will be watching at the same time.
The whole thing sounds suspicious to me. I'd get a refund and get some guidance off this site

Yes works fine just kinda duped ,, i did state was it 500gb hdd he said yes when it arrived poxy 8gb stick and he said at that 130 he couldn't get one even even that was state price

I can get refund as was on PayPal ,, I did want the h2s box although I've virgin in bedroom and sky downstairs; I want watch football kids want watch movies kids etc would have to keep taking the box down ?? Can't really afford 2 unless someone is doing an outstanding deal

Yes really want to record so did think was getting 500gb hdd ; how much minimum would i need in order to rewind forward pause record etc

He did tell me 130 with plex line fir year and postage was cheapest I'd get

Could I not just buy a hdd myself ? Someone said it would need mounting ?? What's this mean I assumed u just plug it into the USB slot

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a single tuner you have, not great for recording, unless your going out and setting a timer.
Twin tuner is best if your recording.
If you bought it off fleabay I'd send it back as your line will not be of good quality and last very long.
Buy a receiver H2S from here (the forum sponsor)
Then flash a premade image from the download section.
Buy a new line from the request section, then enjoy watching tv.

It's a single tuner you have, not great for recording, unless your going out and setting a timer.
If you bought it off fleabay I'd send it back as your line will not be of good quality and last very long.
Buy a new line from the request section, then enjoy watching tv.
grl.

No from Facebook reputable as own page with members and support . I'm wanting box ready plug and play ad not good with all the technical side of it , I've researched and folk are selling between 130 and 170 ??

All that sounds great but lost me after buying the box bit
Buy a new line from the request section, then enjoy watching tv.[/QU

Do people sell h2s on here ??

Cheapest I've found is h2s with 8gb fir 140

People do but it is honestly straightforward to setup. Most sellers seem to charge a premium of £30 - £50 for their services, some time spent on here and you can save that

Whose the forum sponsor or is it a website ?

You'll get an h2s bare for £76.

No tuner set up
No epg set up
No flash drive
No line
No bouquets setup
No skin setup

They're bare. Unless sold as a plug and play

http://www.zgemma.co.uk/

No tuner set up
No epg set up
No flash drive
No line
No bouquets setup
No skin setup

Box is bare, buy youself the hard drive you want, download an image from this very site and then request a gift from this site!

No tuner set up
No epg set up
No flash drive
No line
No bouquets setup
No skin setup

You will get plenty of help here.

We not forcing you to do anything, keep your current set up if your happy with it.

Bloody hell there's loads on that website ,,, doenload an image ? Is that the sky q skin ??

I appreciate that ; the above not my message just copped and pasted what someone advised me
You will get plenty of help here.

We not forcing you to do anything, keep your current set up if your happy with it.
sciate that

As suggested, buy from the forum sponsor as i did £85 delivered next day, get an 8gb memory stick for about 4 quid. Download an image to memory stick, i use ipab, pretty much the same as sky + Buy a line from here and you will be good to go for around £120 :)

As suggested, buy from the forum sponsor as i did £85 delivered next day, get an 8gb memory stick for about 4 quid. Download an image to memory stick, i use ipab, pretty much the same as sky + Buy a line from here and you will be good to go for around £120 :)
Need bigger memory like maybe a hardrive ; It's the downloading image I'm struggling to understand ? How would I transfer from a pc to the USB stick etc sorry rubbish with computers lol

W
which box did u buy btw

Yes the 8 gb is only to put the image on, then once your box is all set up you can create a back up to same stick, keep that safe and get yourself a hardrive for recordings etc

Yes the 8 gb is only to put the image on, then once your box is all set up you can create a back up to same stick, keep that safe and get yourself a hardrive for recordings etc
Sounds good just need someone to talk me through it
I will be getting the newest h5s box and Would like the sky q skin ? Is the skin what u call an image ?

Sounds good just need someone to talk me through it
I will be getting the newest h5s box and Would like the sky q skin ? Is the skin what u call an image ?
Yes the sky Q skin is available on most images now :) I just use the one what looks the same as sky + myself, but there are different ones to choose from, including virgin

Back