£9 new server host charge

Particlejon

TK Supporter
Hello, the firm I bought my openbox off (on eBay) with three year gift has said the company that hosts it's server has gone bust and will charge a small, £9, fee for changing my line over. I'm about half way through the deal, so is this usual or will it be a regular charge I.e. a scam? Thanks in advance for any help

A 3year gift hahaha
You was scammed the second you purchased the box.
He's now trying his look again.

Brilliant! Even at £9 again it's not going to be much better/safer probably. See the recs thread on here when it finally goes off...

Thanks for the advice everyone, I'm not very tech minded so when I bought the box I just went for the easiest to set up; it wasn't til I looked on sites like this I realised I'd made a mistake. Everything's scrambled now so I'll be doing what you kind folks said and buying a line from this site. I only have an iPad at home so I'll still be looking for ease of setup.
Cheers chaps!

Mate bought an openbox v8s with 3 year gift off ebay.I did try and warn him and steer him to a VU+ or similar but that was what he wanted.
The line conked out last week after only 4-5 months and the ebay seller is now suspended so no comeback.
I got him a line for £12 and put that on for him.

Back