16 yr old lad stabbed to death! :( Friday 1st July 2011

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN

Boy, 16, stabbed to death in south-east London

A 16-year-old boy has been stabbed to death in south-east London, Scotland Yard has said.

Police were called at 1700 BST to reports of a stabbing in Upper Wickham Lane, Welling.

The boy was taken to a south London hospital where he later died. Police believe they know his identity but his next of kin are yet to be informed.

A man has been arrested and remains in custody at a south London police station.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said: "Officers attended and a 16-year-old boy was taken to a south London hospital where he died at 1810 BST."

Officers from the homicide and serious crime command have been informed, he said.

The spokesman said the police were called by the London Ambulance Service (LAS).
'Horrified'

A spokeswoman for LAS said: "We were called just before 1700 BST to Upper Wickham Lane in Welling to reports of a stabbing.

"We sent the air ambulance as well as two ambulance crews, a single responder and a duty officer.

"Our staff treated a 16-year-old male and he was taken by road ambulance to hospital."

The scene, outside a branch of Superdrug, was still sealed off by police on Friday night.

David Walker, 83, said a bike and crash helmet lay on the ground within the area being guarded by police.

He said: "We were horrified.

"Nobody could say it's quiet around here but nothing like this has happened here before."
taken from the BBC page

This is to close to home for me :( it happened almost outside the Reptile shop we used to work in before it closed down!

Local newspaper report

RIP! :(
I didnt know the lad, but from what i heard it was an unprovoked attack.
16 and his life taken from him.
There is a saying if you carry a knife you do it with the intent on killing!
This is all over google etc and was on the news. Apparently they have arrested someone - hope they lock him up for good!!!

its become a fashion Linny. Lads from my area are on a murder trial. They think its ok to carry knifes and other weapons. London is a very rough place to live.

London is definitely a rough place to be living in. Yet i don't approve of these bas*ards to carry knives and guns and what not around. The very thought of strangling someone brings shivers down my spine, I dont know how some people have it in them to go around stabbing people like they were cutting some piece of cake.

Hope all these goons get locked in Jail. Its news like this that just disgusts me.

you put skynews on knowing you will hear about an incident in London, 90% of the time its a stabbing.

I have just seen the news - 1st time ive seen it since friday and made me feel physically sick as you see the shrine now outside the shop! From what i can gather it happened between the Superdrug shop and the Reptile shop. Obviously as the shop has been closed for a few months people have been leaving flowers and things, had the shop still been open it would have been hard going in there with all thats going on and flowers outside knowing that some poor child had lost his life outside there!
Welling use to be a great place. The lad went to St Columbus Catholic school, again not far from us. There has for many years been rivalry with that school and the school my son went to another local school even closer to us, but nothing of this caliber and its not school rivalry from whats going around on FB. just Gang related! could be from the area where he lived, Thamesmead like lots of places that have large estates on there are always gangs that think they "own" people/areas etc!

Then i hear on the news there was a shooting just up the road in Greenwich. WTF is going on in this world??? Why cant we all live in peace and harmony. Its bad enough where you hear of these things going on in run down towns, but Welling/Bexleyheath are average towns. People moved from london to the Greater london areas like welling bexleyheath sidcup erith etc, but over the years the trouble seems to follow!

Added after 3 minutes:

J4 - one reason why i hardly ever watch the news or read papers, to much sadness!!

Last edited:
you put skynews on knowing you will hear about an incident in London, 90% of the time its a stabbing.

I dont watch the news regularly either, dont pay attention to the metro when its at the train station, if I read despicable news then i'm guaranteed to swear, can't have that happening on public transport now..

The sister in law was telling us about this on Sat/Sun (drunken weekend, cant remember which lol) I know I don't live there, but any time I visit, it seems like a quiet type of town, I mean, this could have been any one of the nieces, or even one of your two Linny, let's hope that this is the first and last of this type of incident.
I also have to agree with you Linny, if this is the right person that they have arrested, then they should lock him/her up forever so that this misfortune wont happen to another poor family.

Rest In Peace, young man

Yes wheelo i gathered youd know about it at some point! I have also heard that there was also a stabbing in the park during the festival the weekend - but not sure how true that is.
Seems now there are police and riots in the area near where it happend. There was a guy arrested saturday in the Lidls car park - not far from the shop.
Welling is becoming a gangster town. So glad we moved away from it a few yrs ago to this end. Thankfully i have no reason to go
anywhere near welling these days. IF i lived near the hight street where it happened id be scared to go out my door!

I don't even know what to say about this kind of stuff anymore, sadly you seem to hear about it more and more, there was just a case here where 5 guys beat a 20 year old to death with golf clubs and apparently it was over nothing more than the guy looking at the 5 guys the wrong way, I guess we don't think the way these idiots do so it's hard to understand why these people do these things.

It really does break you're heart sometimes :(

^ Would you care to explain what that has to do with a 16 year old kid getting randomly stabbed and dying?

I still don't see what this has to do with it, this was a 16 year old kid who was killed by other kids, it has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin.

i feel for his family, its no age to be losing your life, these people think they are God and playing with people's life, i dont wish it upon anyone but maybe if it happened to one of their own they will realise the pain misery and emptiness it can cause to the family and friends. Selfish heartless people.

I herd on the radio yesterday - sorry not sure if i have already mentioned it but the police arrested 2 kids ages 14 WTF are kids this age doing with weapons, why do the parents not know what these kids are carrying. They cant buy them in any shops - unless shops are illegally selling knives to people under 16 ( i think thats the law). You cant say where are the parents because it was 5pm Broad daylight!!! and maybe the parents of these kids were at work ( giving them the benefit of the doubt) But i can honestly say i know where my son is even at 18 he does not just go out and not come home.
If kids of this young age are running around with the likes of knives, does that mean 1) parents are not bothered where they are or what they are upto 2) they are uncontrollable 3) are the parents as bad as their kids. These things they say often stem for the child upbringing.
J4v3d - i understand where your coming from, but maybe it wouldnt bother them, or maybe they would go out and retaliate - making the situation worse!
Unfortunatly the parents of these type of kids would tell them to fight in any way they wanted IF someone didnt Give them what they wanted or argued with them!

I was very upset with a friend the other day who made a comment which i thought was way out of order she said " he didnt even live around here, or go to a school around here what was he doing getting off a bus in "our" area, and she blamed free bus passes saying kids just use them to go anywhere! so i made a reply - it matters NOT where he lived or what school he went to or where he was going! or anything else for that matter. He lost his life!! How dare she !!!

Sadly Linny most of the time the parents have no clue what they are up to, I've lost count on the amount of times I've read in the local papers about kids being shot, stabbed and beaten by other kids and it always seems like the parents of the kids who commit these crimes are the ones saying things like "He's a good kid" and "He would never do that" I don't know if because they are naive, to busy with working or just can't be bothered.

For you're friend to say something like that is very cold and what does she think people are only allowed to travel in their own neighbourhood, last time I checked we all lived in a free country where we are allowed to go any where we pleased and yes Linny it matters not, what if happened where he lived, what would she say then? One has nothing to do with the other.

UPDATE via local paper!

Just got an email from local paper with update!

* By Crime Reporter »

TWO boys will appear in court today accused of murdering 16-year-old Yemurai Kanyangarara in Welling.

The 15-year-old, from Peckham, and the 14-year-old, from Camberwell, were charged with the teenager’s murder last night after being arrested on Tuesday.

They are due to appear at Camberwell Youth Court.

Yemurai was approached by three teenage boys outside the Superdrug store in Upper Wickham Lane at around 5pm on Friday and one of them stabbed him in the neck.

The suspects then fled together into adjoining streets.

Yemurai, from Belvedere, bled to death at the scene.

Any witnesses or anyone with information about the stabbing that may help the police is asked to call the incident room at Lewisham police station on 020 8721 4906.

To remain anonymous call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

A man was arrested on Friday (July 1) in connection with the investigation and was later released without charge.
LINK

Back