2 openboxes same setup different channels.

hannaman

Hi guys iv got 2 openboxes one v8s one v5s. The v5s has latest firmware all updated through network ie firmware and channel list it works fine. The v8s all upgraded through network, firmware channel list etc but I only get a few channels ie sky sports 1,2,4 news, sly one and bt, but no movie channels at all it wrecking me I'm not a total noob as I know the line is fine the Internet connection is fine and it's the same dish line in for I'm trying for both boxes. Any ideas or help would be great cheers.

Have you tried upgrading your channel list via usb. Before doing so have you cleared all other channel lists?

What do you mean dumped the channel list from one and put on the v8s, before upgrading via usb have you done this
menu> factory settings> ok on yes> ( Important now press blue)
now reload your channel list via usb, use Cwaites list

I dumped the channel list from the v5 onto a usb then upgraded the v8 box with that. But before I done that I did delete all lists and updated with ajsats list that looks out of date though. Where can I find Cwaites list?

Are both boxes sharing the same line? Does your provider allow multi-room? is it a C line or N line?
he does allow it and it's an N line

---------- Post Merged at 09:40 AM ----------

I do have a separate sub for each box but trying the same line too doesn't change anything.

Did you enter the N line via CCCam or MGcam. I found if it's entered in the CCcam I get missing channel but not if its MGcam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hannaman
Got to satellite section on here then the skybox sticky section and find updated channel list by CDUB74.
Copy the latest download list onto a reformatted USB drive and install.
That channel list is current (CWAITES) and works perfectly.

so if both boxes have are working with a multiroom connection, have you swapped the boxes around to rule out lnb signal issues etc?

yeah ok so the v5s works fine, have you tried plugging the v8s in the same room without the v5s running at all. As both boxes were running in different rooms are both connected via Ethernet?

Set the v5 up all good then disconnected and setup the v8 with the same connections that went into the v5 nothing different same Ethernet same line from dish n completely different outcome I usually have no problem with these boxes but this one I'm lost

The reason I ask is because I helped a fella who has the same issue, not got back to me so don't know if he binned the v8s lol
Worked perfectly fine, then some sports channels went. Tried all the usual fixes and gave up.
The fact you only had one box running rules out any multiroom issues
Did you try the factory reset> ok on yes > important now press blue. Reload the Cwaites file via usb? Any joy?

Tried that as soon as I got out of work I actually couldn't get any channels except fta not even the few sports channels I was getting. It's very strange and I can see why the fella binned it I couldn't be annoyed with it myself bin it it's no vu+

So you've had no premium channels at all since you reloaded your channel list. Has it ever worked at all with all channels?

It has that's the thing it's my bros box was working fine until last week then I needed to update his sub so thought I'd update the box n channel list n now it's like this. I'm getting ss1/2 btsp sky one but not sky one+1 no movies at all an all fta for the price think il just get a zgemma for him

---------- Post Merged at 10:19 PM ----------

Away to bed early start tomorrow thanks for you're help mate. Hopefully something clicks in the meantime.

Back