360 or ps3 for online play???

greensman

I LOVE TEXAS!!!
TK Supporter
OK.. take into account I'll prolly play online in the proper manner less than most would get married...... I'm mainly looking at this for my kid now and down the road for the next year or two...

I already have the 360 with a 120GB HDD. 4 controllers but can return 2 of them as they were purchased yesterday. ;) About 10 games or so and not much else. :(

Anyway he and his buddies are all fired up about the Zombies on COD:Black Ops and play whenever they are away at a friends on a PS3... it's free from what I understand for that platform and from what I can read on the NET it's about $50USD for a family setup here in the states.

NOW to the meat (which I shouldn't eat... LOL .. another story) of the subject here....

What would be better for my situation for playing games and such now and in the future??? I'll trade all my crap in or buy the yearly subscription but it makes NO sense to buy that damn thing over and over again if it's FREE on the ps3.... btw NOT a M$ fan at all but I liked the platform for his needs to begin with... NEVER thought about this online CR@P.... lol

tia for your answers. ;)

A third option is the Wii for online play,pick up a second hand one for next to nothing,mod it use a external hdd,i believe that is free worldwide,Ps3 is by far in my opinion the best console for graphics and smoothness of play,i do not go online with mine and have all my games backed up to internal and external hdd,Axxxo will be better able to advise on the xbox as i have'nt looked into that console yet,my nephew has one so i'm sure i will be knocking on axxxo's door soon.All that said and done,Anonymous the famous hacking group are currently attacking the Sony organisation with ddos attacks and playing havoc with the online gaming,i dont see that finishing anytime soon(unless they get caught or sony submits to there demands),and there is no reason to believe the other companies will not be subjected to these attacks also,if i was paying for the privalege of online play i would be realy P****D off.
It's a tough one but i would not commit to any payment system untill the dust has settled on the sony front

A third option is the Wii for online play,pick up a second hand one for next to nothing,mod it use a external hdd,i believe that is free worldwide,Ps3 is by far in my opinion the best console for graphics and smoothness of play,i do not go online with mine and have all my games backed up to internal and external hdd,Axxxo will be better able to advise on the xbox as i have'nt looked into that console yet,my nephew has one so i'm sure i will be knocking on axxxo's door soon.All that said and done,Anonymous the famous hacking group are currently attacking the Sony organisation with ddos attacks and playing havoc with the online gaming,i dont see that finishing anytime soon(unless they get caught or sony submits to there demands),and there is no reason to believe the other companies will not be subjected to these attacks also,if i was paying for the privalege of online play i would be realy P****D off.
It's a tough one but i would not commit to any payment system untill the dust has settled on the sony front

YEP... that's how I feel about it... lol.

I (we) have a Wii. ;)

I'll look into that option as well. :)

thanks

i have also heard tell of a thing called xbslink(i think thats what it is called)which can be utilised for the ps3,it will allow for a p2p gaming experience,not the same as online,but he can play against a m8

Tis a toughy alright, i briefly played ps3 online and hated it so went back to xbox live. not only did i find online play better but the controller itself too.
This is just my preference and i think you wont know yourself until youve tried them all.
If its just for your kid i dont think he would give a dam really once he can play with his buddies and the ps3 might be a cheaper option for yourself.
Im not sure how black ops is on psn but its amazing on xbox live. Some arcade games on xbox live are fantastic too.
Everyone can throw out their preferences but at the end of the day just go for whichever suits ya the best (which would be the xbox lol ) :)

Everyone can throw out their preferences but at the end of the day just go for whichever suits ya the best (which would be the xbox )

Ha Ha,i'm still laughinglol
Come over to the darkside axxxo the PS3 is calling

OK..... here's what I've determined... well at least what I'm thinking. :p

I'm keeping all my 360 CR@P cause it ain't worth a plug nickel to trade in and if I did that I'd have like 2 controllers and 1 game with the PS3... SOOOOOOOOOOO I'm gonna save up and get a DAMM ps3 too.... might take me and the kid a few months but it's gonna happen at some point... all his lil buddies are online with their ps3 so he wants that too... well the little GIT is gonna have to work like his OL MAN does and save some of that hard earned C@$H we all speak of. ;)

The XboX 360 has a multi-player experience for Black Ops Zombies so when all his little mates are here they can have a go.... for online... well he's fecked!!! ROFL

Thanks to all of you for helping (sinno and axxxo) but I'm NO fanboy of either system so it's 6 of one and a half dozen of another the way I see it. LOL

Yes you can play against the whole world or whoever is online at the given moment,it is also multiplayer

I think subconsciously you answered your own question GM by putting this question IN THE 360 SECTION lol

@Sinno, ill never give into the dark side haha, i got done by buying a jap version of the ps3 but managed to sell it for a profit less the 3 games it came with lol

I think subconsciously you answered your own question GM by putting this question IN THE 360 SECTION

Got that impression also axxxo,was trying a little overt conversion,i'm still on my original launch day phat ps3,nothing beats the graphics on that machine,thankfully i dont need the disc's anymore,just backup and play from hdd,is there not a similar situation with the xbox or do you have to always use disc's

is there not a similar situation with the xbox or do you have to always use disc's

I always have to use discs however those willing to go down the jtag route dont and i aint goin down the jtag route!!! +1 for ps3 :(

I think we are taking over greensman's thread,we will have to start a rival fanboy PS3 OR Xbox thread

I think we are taking over greensman's thread,we will have to start a rival fanboy PS3 OR Xbox thread

I don't care.. it's funny to me and the question was answered fairly quickly. ;)

BTW ... the boys played til after 1am last night on Zombies and Death Match.... they had a barrel of fun and it's official.... gonna save up for a PS3 too.. I'm a silly git I know but hey why have ONE when you can have TWO!!! :cheesy grin:

Back