3G dongle settings.

carwyn24

Hi, I'm trying to use my 3G dongle on a campsite to work a Openbox v8s. I've activated the 3G setting in network but I'm unsure what to enter in the setup page. It's adking for apn, dial number, username and password. My provider is with ee. Thank you, Carwyn.

---------- Post Merged at 06:15 PM ----------

I know the apn is - everywhere and you leave the username and password blank.

Hi, I'm trying to use my 3G dongle on a campsite to work a Openbox v8s. I've activated the 3G setting in network but I'm unsure what to enter in the setup page. It's adking for apn, dial number, username and password. My provider is with ee. Thank you, Carwyn.

---------- Post Merged at 06:15 PM ----------

I know the apn is - everywhere and you leave the username and password blank.

the only way i use my box on the campsite it with a wifi dongle in the box and my hotspot on my phone and it only uses around 20-30 mb a day if that some times works spot on but never got the 3g to work

1554leslie sorted it out ! I followed the information he posted and my box is working on 3g over here in france - so it does work - I reckon im using about 150mb a day - though that includes laptop/web browsing, answering emails, sending photos etc - I got 12mb of data for £30 and it lasts 12 months, I reckon I will be ok for a few months in france for that and when it runs out I will buy some more - they charge 180 euros per year for camp site internet access here and you cant even connect your receiver to the internet - I reckon at the most it will cost me about £40 for the time I spend over here !

What phone have you got stanofcas?

---------- Post Merged at 10:04 AM ----------

1554leslie sorted it out ! I followed the information he posted and my box is working on 3g over here in france - so it does work - I reckon im using about 150mb a day - though that includes laptop/web browsing, answering emails, sending photos etc - I got 12mb of data for £30 and it lasts 12 months, I reckon I will be ok for a few months in france for that and when it runs out I will buy some more - they charge 180 euros per year for camp site internet access here and you cant even connect your receiver to the internet - I reckon at the most it will cost me about £40 for the time I spend over here !

What setting did you enter on your box for this to work?

Back