5 meter hdmi lead and hdmi splitter

jibbbbbb

Hi all just a quick question about to order a 5 metre hdmi cable and 2 way hdmi splitter so I can watch what's on my duo 2 box down stairs on TV in bedroom , before I do order can any one tell me if this will work well ,,, I've tried video senders in the past with not a lot of success , so I'm thinking this way would give me a quality picture ,, thanks for reading looking forward to your replys

---------- Post Merged at 10:11 AM ----------

just noticed that there is two hdmi points on the back of the box does this mean I don't need a splitter cheers

Should work fine..do you have a smart tv...if so download iptv app and install your channel list on to it...all your channels...wirless...so no need to run cables

Should work fine..do you have a smart tv...if so download iptv app and install your channel list on to it...all your channels...wirless...so no need to run cables
Got smart TV down stairs but not up stairs so have to stick with cable cheers

lead and splitter came today took me all of half and hour to set up drilled two holes cable pined new hdmi lead to external wall behind drain pipe and wow hd up stairs and the sound is perfect 100% better than doing it wireless , would recommend it to any one ,, I new when I started it I would be only be able to watch what was on down stairs but that's ok its just really so I can go to bed and watch all sky cable and iptv ( all latest films in hd picture and sound )my next mission is to find a way of been able to change channels from upstairs when I'm in bed on the box down stairs ,, I no there has got to be a simple way of doing this don't mined buying a second remote as well any one got any good ideas before I start looking on line cheers all

If it was me I would of used a Amazon stick with the app dream player for Amazon stick works a treat and the app is pretty sweet and very well designed

For changing channels just use a smart phone app also is there 2 hdmi on the back of the duo2 u got any pics as mine don't have 2

Hi baz ,, no mate I got that wrong only one I was looking at USB which there are two of them ,, intrigued on how you can do it from your phone have you any links or instructions non this cheers mate

If android get the app dream epg it's free but the pay for version is well worth it also there is a remote built into it there is also vu+ player that has a remote built into I think

When u get the app it will ask for ip Addy of your box input this onto you app and that's pretty much it it will also allow u to watch it on your phone%tablet but only on the same network unless u makes changes to your router but I wouldn't recommend that as hacker can then get in

2 x hdmi=no
specs as from wos.

1300 MHz dual-core MIPS processor
1GB Flash
2GB DDR3 DRAM
Gigabit Lan
2 x DVB Common Interface slot
2 x Smartcard-Reader (Xcrypt)
3 x USB (1 x front, 2 x back)
SPDIF audio output optical (digital)
1 x HDMI 1.4 video / audio output (digital)
1 x Scart (TV)
1 x RCA video output
2 x audio output (L / R) RCA (analog)
Plug and Play support for 2.5 and 3.5 "SATA - Hard Drives
unlimited channel lists for TV / Radio
EPG (electronic program guide) support
Support of Bouquet lists
OSD in many languages ​​and skin-support
automatic / manual channel search
DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2, USALS
Power switch

Cheers baz tried it and to be honest I don't like it a lot of messing around , what I would really like is a second remote so I can just use TV up stairs like the one downstairs ie full epg , iptv player Ext ext , don't no if its possible but I have been reading about TV remote extenders any one tried them once again thanks

Last edited:
There maybe an app that is just the remote search the app store will more than likly come under a zgemma remote tho

hi baz ive checked and checked no good mate looks like I'm stuck with what I've good up and down the stairs lol it ok

Complete change of way of doing it but do you have a major fire TV or stick if so run the dream player app is pretty good and get for a bedroom box viewing and works very well

Triax tri link kit ever heard of these baz ,, and no mate don't have fire stick and WiFi is never very good in my house solid thick bricks ,,

Never herd of then mate I am happy using wifi so never needed them type of products what about a ir extender not sure if the duo2 will use them

I don't know much about your type of box, but another option, depending on where your PC is, is to run the HDMI from your PC and use OpenWebIF to view your box on your other TV. All you'll need is a wireless mouse and you can navigate through OpenWebIF quite happily. This also has the added benefit of letting you use your second TV as a computer monitor for when your in bed and you can use Windows on screen keyboard if you want to type anything. This is a setup I've got with my main TV and bedroom TV all connected via HDMI. I've now got so many wireless mice I may need to get a wireless cat to control them! lol

Last edited:
After a lot of reading up and messing about I've sorted it I now have perfect hd and sound plus can control box from upstairs in my bed room , so I can watch all the film Ext :); so if any one else would like to do it this is how I done it I used a 5 metre hdmi cable which runs though my wall in the front room then comes in just behind my wall mounted TV in the bedroom all nice and neat so you don't see any cables ,,, now for the bit which took me some time to get it right a tried a couple of different ir remote senders and to be honest they where shit then I read about these WIN_20160320_22_43_15_Pro.jpg and they work perfect just one down stairs and one hidden in my bedroom behind TV this allows me to change channel Ext just like sitting in the front room ,, just got to order a secound remote now and I'm all done ,, thanks for your replys cheers

Back