A couple of questions

morseman

Guys i have a couple of questions that i need help with.
I am using the bh image, if i do a factory reset will it take me back to the raw image state, and does having abm installed and running stop you from doing an automatic channel scan.

Thanks in advance

Hi if you do a factory reset yes it goes back to naked state and requires fresh set up..
ABM don't have anything to do with you channel scanning mate so go ahead...
it would after a scan be a good idea that you then do a new ABM scan as well just to keep you right upto date.

Cheers dummer, the reason i asked about the auto scan is because when i tried to do one it said tuner failed, but i am getting all the channels
so it confused me a bit.

The only reason i can think off for a tuner fail is that the tuners are busy..remember it will use a tuner to do the scan with.

Guys this morning when i took the box of standby i found this message...service unavailable check tuner configuration, then
when i went to do an auto scan this message came up...error failed to scan...error starting scanning.
All the channels seem to be there,btw its a 2plus box. Any tips as i need to sort it.

Thanks in advance

Most likely your f connections so check all inputs and any connections..
plus as it says recheck your tuner config make sure they are set to correct sat etc.
if all else fails install a fresh image and start over..this usually fixes everything.

Thanks dummer, its all gone pear shaped now nothing loads but the menu works looks like a fresh install is required now, just reformating the usb stick.

Thanks dummer, its all gone pear shaped now nothing loads but the menu works looks like a fresh install is required now, just reformating the usb stick.

Yes it's always best to reflash rather than spend hours and hours trying to sort it out and then still have to reflash anyway..
also best Not to restore a back up as you could just be putting the problem back..
if you find your continuing to have hassles with epg data storage etc try to use a different usb flashdrive..

I am on my third usb drive now, still no luck.

Strange that...apart from doing what your doing ie formatting usb drive try when inbox go to storage options and initialise the usb drive it may help in the long run.
its also rule of thumb that if your using drive purely for epg data storage you use a max of 4gb.

After trying to flash it and even though it said done on the front panel and the usb stopped flashing, it now
sticks on the loading gui and the remote does not work, soon be the big hammer:hammer:

After trying to flash it and even though it said done on the front panel and the usb stopped flashing, it now
sticks on the loading gui and the remote does not work, soon be the big hammer:hammer:

Go online and find "HP FORMATTING TOOL" use this tool to format usb prior to copying image files to usb...
try a new downloaded image Updates Zgemma Star Series - Index of: home/ if all this still fails you may have to flash bootloader again but this is last resort.

Dummer thanks for your help, i have formatted them with hddguru and windows full format to fat 32 still no luck, i get these messages
on the display us-p uc-r u-rf then it says done ive tried the latest bh image and also succemnsee image for the 2plus.
i will give the hd tool a try and see if it works.

2 plus with rs232 and scart and it says air digital on the board inside the reciever, never had a problem like this before, and its buggin me.

I have a sneaky feeling you may need to reflash to bootloader again..
what image were you using before you had problems..did you flash box before or leave image on it came with..

it came with black hole 2.1.4 and has been superb until swmbo tried to switch it off last night, it refused to go off with the
remote so she unpluged it from the wall, then the problems began.

Back