A few issues with box and line?

channelking

Guys I have reflashed my box several times but it still crashes with the ring on the top left corner every few days.

Is my box and HDD faulty which is causing it to crash alot?

I am really concerned as I really cant afford to purchase another box or HDD.

Also I have noticed when I switch from sat to cable it takes some time for the channel to clear and when the channel does clear it just freezes every couple of seconds. Is there a reason why this happens and anyway to fix this?

Thanks.

Could be something running in background just run a basic image with no skin and no plugins and disable recordings and see.

Hello,

Im just trying the Wooshbuild v5 on mine as had a similar problem, the box also would freeze at boot.
I'll let you know how I get on as it might help.

Im using latest VIX version.

I dont really have much plugins just the important ones.

I only have the blue vix skin. But I have tried without it as well.

Its a TM Nano 3T

Im using Oscam .

Dont really want to go to OpenATV unless I need to. I am comfortable with VIX.

But with such issues I dont know anymore.

A lot of people rave on about openvix like it's the best image since sliced bread. There's plenty of images for your brand of receiver and my advice is try them all, each image will work slightly different to another and it's about finding one that suits you and your receiver.
Myself I use openATV and now and again I swap to openvix, personally I like both Images over any others but I find openATV the most stable running image.
Sometimes it's timing with issues/bugs in any image, the only way to know what is right for you and your setup/receiver is to experiment with different images.
I find Oscam the best over CCcam and mgcamd as you can actually see what is going on with your line connections.
Again try running your lines in CCcam for a change you might find it works for you.
A friend of mine runs a zgemma H2H with a C line for cable and 3 euro sat servers, and when I'm at their house I have never seen a glitch. It works for them.
There is no magic golden rule to running your receiver it's all down to you, your setup and your equipment be it cheap, expensive or indeed a clone!

At the end of the day, if what you've got works for you and you're happy with it, bollocks to what anybody else says.

@dangerous I get where your coming from mate, its just that VIX seems the most popular image.

I know there are tons of others image like openatv but it will be different and probably hard to use.

Honestly I dont even know if its the image itself that is causing the issues with the box crashing. I keep worrying that maybe the inside parts of the box are faulty and thats why its happening.

I get where your coming from that everyone is different and it will be different to others.

Thats the thing mate, maybe I have crap equipment and poor setup I dont know tbh. I cant really figure out where to begin to fix the issues at hand. I wish I had it running perfect like most on here.

If you dont mind me asking whats are pros and cons for OpenATV compared to VIX?

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

If you use the wooshmans build then there is on going support and as it uses open atv you can online update it

It's terms of operating you won't see any difference in either image.
The lay out is fairly similar on both Images.
If your receiver is crashing all the time it's likely to be software related. Have you tried reflashing to a current image of openvix, it might be worth a try.

Only trouble is all the plugins are down on the vix images but sucumnsee has his feeds working so might be worth flashing his build

or if using openvix did you follow bees tut for setting box up? are you using a faulty mg_cfg file,usually if box is crashing save your line info most important and reflash to a later image that supports plugins feeds.
was epg going to internal flash as that fecks box up in the long run.

No I am not on the latest latest version of Vix atm.

You are right dangerous if it is crashing frequently maybe Vix is the problem and maybe not the box.

---------- Post Merged at 01:50 AM ----------

@cactikid, Ye I followed bees tutorial exactly.

Dont have mg_cfg in box as using Oscam.

channelking try ipab flash (Atv). I was using vix until I seen this and works great on my box (vu solo2), also using oscam. Ifyou dont like you can always go back to vix. I personally like this very easy to use.

Back