A little advice needed please

Stevo73

Hey all,

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, basically i'm looking to set up my own box, was thinking about the openbox v8s as im not to worried about recording, but i am open to suggestions, also best places to buy these ?, i will be running it on a sat dish with vm broadband, what i am unsure about is if the openbox uses cline or nline or both ?, also if its ok to post this within this message i will be looking for a provider if anyone can pm me with some details ( Sky full).

Thanks for any advice in advance, it is appreciated.

Stay safe :)

Hey all,

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, basically i'm looking to set up my own box, was thinking about the openbox v8s as im not to worried about recording, but i am open to suggestions, also best places to buy these ?, i will be running it on a sat dish with vm broadband, what i am unsure about is if the openbox uses cline or nline or both ?, also if its ok to post this within this message i will be looking for a provider if anyone can pm me with some details ( Sky full).

If you have vm bband get a Zgenmm h2h then you can use vm services and have full hd, you also have the benefit of using sky with that box as well. Its around £45 dearer than an openbox but trust me you will not regret it, hope this helps

Hey all,

If you have vm bband get a Zgenmm h2h then you can use vm services and have full hd, you also have the benefit of using sky with that box as well. Its around £45 dearer than an openbox but trust me you will not regret it, hope this helps

just a general question --- why do you say that a zgemma h2h is better than an openboxv8s on vm bband ?. I am not that technical minded on these items.

From what i understand jamkam, basically the h2h will support hd channels with the vm service where the openbox only supports sd channels, i'm sure i will be corrected if im wrong, i'm on a learning curve myself, hope this helps anyway

Last edited:
Hi guys, the H2H was recommended as its what's referred to as a combo, with a sat tuner (A) and a cable tuner(B), as the OP has both a sat feed and a live VM feed he can avail of the cable tuner and use it to connect to his live VM feed and as the HD channels are still available on the cable side he then use that to get the HD channels that no longer work on the sat side, he can then connect his sat feed up to tuner A and use that to set up the sat side.....giving him a twin tuner set up with sat and VM, handy for things like the missus can record the soaps in HD using the sat tuner and he can watch say sports in HD for example.
Personally I would buy the Edison combo instead but thats your choice, works the same way.
I hope that helped

From what i understand jamkam, basically the h2h will support hd channels with the vm service where the openbox only supports sd channels, i'm sure i will be corrected if im wrong, i'm on a learning curve myself, hope this helps anyway

Thanks for that, I am also on a learning curve, so info appreciated. I have an openbox and working on satellite. astra 1h/l/m for european channels and get the hd channels working. all be it sometimes with a blip, which I put down to internet. The picture quality is good. Again thanks.

Back