A little extra advice needed....

Hi Guys,

I recently started a thread regarding my V8s box not working, the apparently semi common thing of the sky Bt etc channles being scrambled.

I have tried deleting the channel list and doing a blind scan bt the channles are still scrambled.

now at this point I am unsure of whether I need an updated channel list or a new line?

Also whichever I need to do, how do I go about doing either?

many thanks

Paul

go into menu, scroll untill you find network local setting.
press ok network setting will be highlighted, scroll down to camds setup press ok.
this will show a new window.
CCcam client setup should be highlighted, press ok.
new window scroll down to manage config files press ok .
new window press ok on CCcam. cfg. you should now see now see your clines.
make sure they are on line

I have tried the channel list and followed his instructions as per his webpage sas and now it says I have no channels on my list!!??

---------- Post Merged at 08:55 PM ----------

Sorry I have tried it all again and I have the channel list back in correct order etc again. But it sil says scrambled on sky etc. does this mean its the line?

again if so how do I go about getting a reliable one and how do I upload it?.

instructions such as the Cwqites webpage wpuld be good as his are superb....simple unassuming and direct...perfect for a newbie simpleton like myself

thanks for your replies as well.

Me personally i would update your firmware first That way you can update your channel list via the network and you wont have to keep doing it via usb which can be found here No 81 Downloads

Sorry I have tried it all again and I have the channel list back in correct order etc again. But it sil says scrambled on sky etc. does this mean its the line?<br><br>again if so how do I go about getting a reliable one and how do I upload it?.<br><br>instructions such as the Cwqites webpage wpuld be good as his are superb....simple unassuming and direct...perfect for a newbie simpleton like myself<br><br>thanks for your replies as well.

put on file u download on usb same as channel list update but dont change to misc file then start

Last edited:
How do you update the firmware once its downloaded? you ll need to give ,e simple step by step instructions mind! :butkiss:

You need a program like Winzip or winrar on your computer Format a usb to Fat 32 Open the dowloaded file The file will open in Winzip/winrar extract to your usb
Place usb in box Menu > upgrade by usb > Image press down to start You will get Box pop up press ok on yes Box will burnflash (do not touch any buttons while this happens) Box will reboot when finished
All done
You can update your channel lists Or any later firmware updates via Menu Upgrade by network

I have tried this following your steps you ve provided 9thank you btw) but I am getting a message saying "upgrade file is mismatched" Not quite sure what to do or is wrong?

Back