A little help needed (setup)

andy86

Hi guys as you may know by my previous thread I'm not exactly tech savvy so please bare with me

I've now recieved a vu+solo2 box which I bought on eBay it's apparently all installed and ready to go

Anyway ive plugged it in and the list of channels all come up with epg and info ect but non of the channels seem to play anything other than a blank screen

I've emailed the seller asking what to do but the response I got was "you need to enter the correct settings for your dish system ive got no idea what that means or how to do it

---------- Post Merged at 02:49 PM ----------

Hi guys as you may know by my previous thread I'm not exactly tech savvy so please bare with me

I've now recieved a vu+solo2 box which I bought on eBay it's apparently all installed and ready to go

Anyway ive plugged it in and the list of channels all come up with epg and info ect but non of the channels seem to play anything other than a blank screen

I've emailed the seller asking what to do but the response I got was "you need to enter the correct settings for your dish system ive got no idea what that means or how to do it

---------- Post Merged at 02:47 PM ----------

For what it's worth this was the listing ebay item no 231374916425

---------- Post Merged at 03:18 PM ----------

The freeview channels play but non of the premium stuff

First thing you need to find out is what firmware is on your box.

When you boot it up from scratch do you get a VIX sign spinning round or something else.

These boxes just show a blank screen if the channel isn't clearing.

The advert said supplied with "gift" which usually means a line has been put in the box
already and you just switch it on and it works, if you read down your "gift" is a free USB stick lol

You will need to put a line in the box, so you need to find a server and pay a subscription.

You can post a request here

The best place for you to start is here

(The model of your box won't make any difference if it is flashed with the VIX image)

Read through and start having a go, if you get stuck post back with as much info as you can.

That way peoples responses will be more accurate.

If it's not flashed with the vix image the process will be similar but the menu's may be a bit different.

Vix comes on when I load the box

All the channels show up the freeview ones play but the sly ones stay blank (although they give me a full epg and info list)

Good news is, you have bought a very good box, bad news is
they are a bit fiddly to set up, my first one took me a couple of hours.

After that they take about half an hour once you have got your head around everything.

You will need to put a line in your box.

Follow the two links in the previous post.

Have you set up any type of box before ?

I've never done anything like this before tbh I have no idea what I'm doing all I have had in the past was f5s which came ready to plug and play

I've got the subscription now how on earth do I add it to my box if anyone can help please inbox all the channels are already listed but only the freeview ones are working as previously described

I have received an email with a test line how do I get it working onto my box I have completely no idea what to do Ive been going into the menus on the box for hours without a clue on the f5s it was simple there was a place to enter cam file info username port no ect on this box ive found nothing that seems to get it going

have you got or used filezilla client on pc to ftp your line over,what line is it a nline or cline as it differs in setting up.

new image i use images from wos so i know genuine,need to redo my solo as whatever happened got that spinning vix

if your a member on wos grab their manual for use on pc.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................

started from scratch again using a formatted INTEGRAL 8GB usb [ fussy feckers with usb sticks ] with latest image.

you are here

go through usual setups screen and network etc

download plugins and choose cam for nlines use 1.38 and for clines use 2.3.0

ftp for nlines your 2 files mgcamd and newcamd.list to var/keys on filezilla it shows usr/keys
edit /add line details to newcamd.list and save.

if using cline ftp to etc folder and add your line

Read More at : http://www.techkings.org/vu-duo2-support/56931-enigma2-box-vix-setup-6.html

best to have a folder on pc named vu solo2 or duo depending on box type and keep your mgcamd and newcamdlist there for nlines or
for CCcamcfg for your clines

Last edited:
I've never used FileZilla is it like cyber duck? I've used that before when I was adding xbmc to my atv2

---------- Post Merged at 12:31 AM ----------

I've never used FileZilla is it like cyber duck? I've used that before when I was adding xbmc to my atv2 when I go to plugins I can't what your describing there? I see a list of stuff but nothing about cams

---------- Post Merged at 12:35 AM ----------

Oh and how do you know if it's a n or c line? I have no idea I was just given a host/port/user/password thing to test it out

This is certainly nothing like the trusty old f5s I feel completely dazed

download plugins wait--look for softcams and select what i posted above as you have not said.

they should have said what they use or if you asked for a cline or nline

on your skybox you know what your line is by what cam is running mg or cccam,is it from same supplier.

with these boxes best to use nlines and mgcamd.

Last edited:
when I click on download plugins nothing comes on the screen it just stays blank ive waited more than 5 minutes now

should work straight away,in menu-info what vix image are you on when you exit out of plugins?presume you have lan cnnected and its showing connected.

when I click on download plugins nothing comes on the screen it just stays blank ive waited more than 5 minutes now

also im trying to use filezilla and all I keep getting is an error message when trying to use itError: Critical error: Could not connect to server

---------- Post Merged at 01:13 AM ----------

where does it tell you what vix image it is?

first need to know what build your vix image is and if connected to internet.

Attachments

• 1_0_1_10E0_7EE_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    1_0_1_10E0_7EE_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 1_0_1_10E0_7EE_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    1_0_1_10E0_7EE_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 26
ok mine says

Openvix 037 backup image
open source
by supertux

support at vuplus-images.co.uk

model vu+solo2
chipset BCM7356
CPU
BCM7346B2
CORES 2
VERSION APOLLO
BUILD 037
KERNEL 3.13.5
DRIVERS 2014-08-29

NETWORK INFO SHOWING MY IP ADDRESS AND LAN CONNECTION

whats it doing on apollo build 037 as you seei am on 112 on original duo,looks like an old image and on a clone box???.
any seller selling a box uses current images not one from last year.

that is why your feeds dont work because your on old image=non supported now.

is your rear of box identical to rear of that post?

warranty of 2 years i see for your box and clones come with null modem cable and blackhole image.

i presume you did not leave feedback on site yet until you get box up and running?

email him tomorrow to ask why he used such an old image,you can get original images for original boxes from wos

Last edited:
he has got 100% feedback which is a good thing,it needs flashing to a newer image which you can get from wos omg now on 113 lol
HTML:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/&file=openvix-Apollo.113-vusolo2_usb.zip

you need a good quality of usb formated to fat 32 on pc,cruzer/kingston.integral 8gb i use,download image in rar and then extract to location which is usb,with box powered off insert usb into front usb under flap and it tells you when done,only remove/insert usb when box is off at rear.

well worth your while joining wos even for these guides to download to pc.

HTML:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/index.php?dir=Guides%20and%20Tutorials/

Last edited:
cheersfor the help ive now downloaded that zip file and put all the files in it into the usb stick just so ive got this right before I start I need the box switchexd off at the rear when I plug thbe usb stick in? and the rest will take care of itself

Back