A780 advice please.

sine23

hi guys, i factory reset my a780 a couple of weeks ago (i know now i should have waited) and i see everyones posts about their channels coming back etc. i havent got a single channel. i only have 10 TP's. i know ive got to wait for it all to be sorted out but i just wanted to know if this is normal. im in liverpool. thanks in advance

You should have a lot more TP's, do another factory reset check your net id.
and rescan for channels, if everyone else has channels so should you as this was
a national problem, not a local area problem.

A friend uses Knowsley, I use Manchester 3, (Same as Wirral 1 on the list below) it depends
where you are in Liverpool, a bit of trial and error won't do any harm.

Think you should be getting about 70 ish TP's but I'm going on memory.

Net Ids

thanks for that info, yes i thought i should be getting freeview channels at least. ived been trying telewest on different channels and quams but nothing. ill try again fingers crossed.

Last edited:
thanks @bees i changed my id to knowsley and its working a treat. ive got 58 so going to try the other knowsley after this. thanks again, youre a star.

Your scanning on wrong network if low Tp count.. Telew/ex c and w or N*L.. and yes bees about 56-70 ish is good.. And remember to factory default BEFORE starting to scan on another network or you get lots of."Already exsist"

Thanks tex luxston, I'm definitely telewest as the others hardly pick up anything at all.
The most tp's I'm getting now is 58. I'll try different ones but Knowsley 2 is picking up the most up to now.

---------- Post Merged at 09:39 PM ----------

@tex luxston. I can't believe it I tried Preston which is miles away and picked up 73. After all these years, how many channels could I have had !!! Damn. Thanks again

. My feed is running from a splitter which is stuck on solid, I can't get it off. My channels are breaking up so maybe that's the reason. Unless the area is too far away for a good signal ?

Could be an old splitter that is not compatible I believe the 2 outputs need to both be atleast 3.5 Db I believe

Well cummon spill the beans !! what was the problem ???

You can't just leave us all hanging on like this :beg:

sorry @bees i did reply but as id replied twice in one go the moderators havent put it up.
I did what you said and changed to telewest then picked preston instead of my local area and it picked up 73 tp's. im a happy bunny. and most of the channels are working a treat so happy days. Thanks you guys ; )

Its all been bk on over week excepts sports an movies he a left nobody hanging

Read the first post again, 10 TP's, no channels lol

Well at least it's sorted now thanks to Ted

(See you in the next round of the FA cup) lol

Last edited:
Thats right bees.. 3 times in one season coming up.. Come on you hammers..! Oh and sine my pal lives Hounslow yet gets all channels under Watford...!! And thats also miles away..! Ted

Back