A780

Hi all and sorry for this ....
after following the forums for a while now i take it that the A780 is back up and running with a new software update
is this update with a null cable easy to do and is there a preference to which O/S is used to do this ... IE:- Xp win7 or win10
thanks for your help and paitence :)

Thanks for replying matt ... where do i get the drivers for the null cable and how do i know which one i have as it came with the box when i brought it

Plug cable in with box connected and try it . It could work with disc it came with . If there wrong google it to get right ones .

Hi Matt sorry back again ....drivers installed pc see's the kv box .... problem is when i try to flash the box i get an error "The downloading is not requested" any ideas anyone ?
TIA

read the tuts for flashing box,as its powered off at rear first then press download and power on.

Thanks for the quick reply cactikid .... typical numpty error i missed the power off - on in the instructions .durrrrr lol
all good now :)
thanks for yours and matts help

hi im getting that same error. what is the exact setup when connected to the computer? simply the null cable and the box plugged in to the wall? does the box need factory reset first or? thanks in advance im giving up for the evening/

Hi and thanks for your reply. That is the guide I have been following to no avail. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong with regards to the box setup as it doesn't really explain that part. Cheers.

null modem cable does not need drivers for hooking box up to flash it,usb adaptors not advised would.
somtimes com ports on thr loadermight need to be changed from com 1-4.

I've been changing the port to the one specified in device manager and changing the port settings to 115200 etc but as soon as I power the box on after clicking start that message pops up

You need to update first preferably via pc/null modem cable/stb loader and correct bin file.. and make sure its a null modem cable..! or you can try an online update.. not sure if that alone will give you newcamd menu.. i did all mine via null modem first and then online update... and after that you will need to buy a sub...! And it does work..!!

I've been changing the port to the one specified in device manager and changing the port settings to 115200 etc but as soon as I power the box on after clicking start that message pops up

did mine the other day using a null modem/usb cable (which came with a drivers disk..). had to change the port to the one listed in device manager (didn't change anything else).

The message 'download not requested' is a communication error (box not talking to Pc). Sure you have a null modem cable ??

1.99 inc postage.. null modem cable.. lincsat.. and its in the timing when you turn the box off then on again.. as you hit start on stb loader (make sure box is ON at the start..)

Yes I bought it through a link that was posted in these forums. The title was null modem cable. Il get another one maybe it's faulty or as you say not a null modem. Cheers.

Back