A780

did you get any drivers with the cable??

most drivers are by 'prolific'

http://www.prolific.com.tw/US/ShowProduct.aspx?p_id=225&pcid=41

I'm using v3.6.81.357 dated 09/04/2015 (which I think is also available from windows update)

p.s. I'm on windows 10

========

Just to avoid any confusion !! -- I am using a prolific usb to serial converter connected to a serial/serial null modem cable (bought many years ago ;) )

Last edited:
I've been changing the port to the one specified in device manager and changing the port settings to 115200 etc but as soon as I power the box on after clicking start that message pops up

Device Manager - Ports (com & LTP) click on that link - connect to box/USB end of cable to PC - Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (com?) the number after com is the port to use.

I didn't get any drivers with it but Windows seemed to pick it up and install it. I've ordered one from lincsat now so il await its arrival and keep trying different things in the meantime. Thanks.

Cable arrived but it's just doing the same thing saying "download not requested" I checked device managed to check what com it was using. I've tried it in every usb slot changing to relevant com each time and following the tutorial to the rule. I've had enough now! What's my next option anyone?

Have you got zeros on your kryptview display? Have you pressed red button twice and standby button at the correct time. Hope this helps . Just trying to eliminate things.
Try doing it from the beginning slowly. .

A force download maybe needed, with the box off - press download then very quickly turn on box this may have to be done a number of times, assume software on box is 2015.

I've got the 4 zeros on my display when attempting it. Haven't read anything about red button twice or standby could you explain that to me please Matt? The software is the 2015 one yes lac. Thanks for your help it's much appreciated.

Hello am new here but my a780 has gone off can you help it won't sw update for about yr now I got no channels, am v basic on comps too Appreciate any help, regards

I've got the 4 zeros on my display when attempting it. Haven't read anything about red button twice or standby could you explain that to me please Matt? The software is the 2015 one yes lac. Thanks for your help it's much appreciated.
Just as you start the loader. Click red button twice and then standby button . Do it in steps . See if this works

---------- Post Merged at 04:15 PM ----------

Hello am new here but my a780 has gone off can you help it won't sw update for about yr now I got no channels, am v basic on comps too Appreciate any help, regards

You need to read around forum on how to flash kryptview.

i keep on telling people to reread the 780 tut as there missing the box off bit.[video=youtube;Q2RbdhH7_b4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2RbdhH7_b4[/video]

Last edited:
possibly only windows as programs were designed to be used from them,any old pc or destops in mothballs might have an rs232 port?

I give up with the usb serial prolific drivers thing. Ive tried every driver I could possibly find to no avail. My mother has an old computer tower with a 9 pin slot on the back so I'm going their tomo morning to try that. Hopefully that'll solve my downloading not requested issue. Just to be sure it's software version 4.5.0 then update the old way s/w update way from the box settings? Thanks guys for all your help so far.

You need to force the flash, this is not uncommon as the guy that's releasing the updates to the net also had to do it, use any of the 2016 updates to manually update the software to your box.

Hi again. Just flashed the box. Worked first time without the usb adaptor thing. All seemed well it said completed etc etc. So now to get home and try the next step. I will report back with my results( my mothers been told never to get rid of that tower ha!)

Persistence finally pays off! I'm up and running again on a test line at the moment. Once again thanks to everyone who offered help advice and guidance!

Back