About to JTAG an iBox II plus

Could it have been that CAS installed a driver compatible, but more recent than the correct driver? Ive come accross this before in W7 where it keeps auto updating ur drivers with their best recommendation?
but xp would have just left current driver.

Possibly. I'm not really sure now if the jungo drivers were already there or not. Anyway it's done now, but...

I looked at the bootloader on putty & the cpu is showing as 500MHz, so I flashed bootloader-cloud-ibox-2-plus-751mhz-20140805 from cloud-ibox.net. But now something strange is happening. I tried flashing with the image in this post by johnner09 http://www.techkings.org/cloud-ibox/65782-quick-query-before-i-re-flash-cloudbox-2-a.html#post367812

I put the folder on a memory stick & plugged it in the socket on the back of the box. When I switch on the box displays boot > UP' ' > CL-c. (UP' ' only displays for a few seconds, so I assume the box hasn't actually flashed the image) The screen displays an openPLI splash screen (which seems to cycle through a few different resolutions). It then displays a screen asking what input to use (scart, HDMI, or component). It asks me to press OK if I can see whats displayed as it cycles through the connections. Trouble is, when I press OK nothing happens. I have to switch the box off as it doesn't respond to any commands from the remote.

The remote I'm using isn't the one that came with the box (as he had lost it). It's a new one I bought off ebay.

Where did the openPLI splash screen come from? johhner09's image is a VIX image.

Just tried the openvix-Apollo.131-cloud-ibox-2-plus_usb image from cloud-ibox.net & it flashed OK. I notice that the box display shows U-rF while flashing. Took around 2m 30s.

I wonder why johnner09's image didn't flash?

Trouble is, it looks like the remote control, or the remote sensor in the box isn't working. I have the screen where I have to choose the input method again, but nothing happens when I press OK. The remote control is emiting a signal, as I can test that.

Just double-checked the remote that I bought & it says it's for a cloud ibox 2 plus. Might have to take off the front panel board & have a look around.

No. It doesn't have an A on it sucmnsee.

I took the front panel board out & had a probe around. Turns out there was a surface mount capacitor across the IR sensor's VCC supply that had gone short circuit. I've got no idea what it's value should be, so replaced it with a 1nF disc ceramic capacitor.

All working fine now.

Still wondering why johnner09's image doesn't load. Looking at his folder, it has BackupSuit.log, imageversion, noforce, kernel.bin & rootfs.bin.

The folder from cloud-ibox.net has force, imageversion, kernel.bin, rootfs.bin & splash.bin.

Could it have something to do with the force/noforce file? I notice that it says "rename this file to 'force' to force an update without confirmation". Do you know what kind of confimation it needs? Is it done to stop the image from flashing again if you leave the USB stick in the box?

Change "noforce" to "force".
its a safety thing that when u back up to hdd it doesnt auto flash at power on as far as I know. But it wont flash unless changed to force.

Change "noforce" to "force".
its a safety thing that when u back up to hdd it doesnt auto flash at power on as far as I know. But it wont flash unless changed to force.

Ahh right. Thanks for that. I'll give it a go when I've had a few hours sleep.

Back