Absolute beginner setup for zgemma H7S

we should tell him about signal finder, as he is now tech support, does not mention image for new box but epg on internal flash is a no no, say image, might be an idea to re do HDD cables and remember you can always flash openix to another slot and its easier than openatv.

ch 5 is here 11307 H 27500 2/3 DVB-S QPSK SID 2108. PLUS THE REST 5ACTION

Just for future this is how you do a single scan. menu setup, tuners & scanning, signal finder, then change predefined to user defined by toggling arrow right, then arrow down and change relevant bits green to scan, then select channel 5hd, now it will be in last scanned, so arrow up when on channel, then menu then select add to bouquet, but it adds channel to end of bouquet so now to move it select channel, then menu select move mode, click and it turns red, use arrows up or down to move it, then ok and then menu disable move mode. its easy after years...

For parents I would put epg on a usb.
Very good. I tried this on my box first so I’ll try the parents later

Hmm does it list storage on menu if not it might not be seen and try rebooting box and drive.

Was hdd setup on box like iniatilized first and was it a passport or externally powered one.

If one Ch5 is gone there all gone as your channel list is old and they have moved to a new location.

kingofsat 28.2 bookmark on pc to check on red ones as latest to move.
I got channel 5 back using the method mentioned by bmitie- thanks.
However, I’ve gone to menu>setup>storage>initialize devices and it shows the ATA (TOSHIBA MQ01ABF0)-INTERNAL (HDD) (500.107GB). So it’s seeing the HDD, but when I go to record I get a message saying
“Wrire error while recording. Disk full?
but there’s nothing on the HDD?
If I press file list on the remote it’s showing 100% free disk space.

However, I’ve gone to menu>setup>storage>initialize devices and it shows the ATA (TOSHIBA MQ01ABF0)-INTERNAL (HDD) (500.107GB). So it’s seeing the HDD, but when I go to record I get a message saying
Ok further update. I took the HDD out of my parents h7 and I put my HDD into and hey presto the box starts recording no bother.
So it must be a faulty HDD- it definitely worked when we first got it so I’m not sure what’s happened to it?
I take it theres nothing that can be done if the HDD goes faulty?

Did you actually try to initialise the harddrive just because it shows it does not mean initialised

If using openatv
Menu, setup, system, storage device, click on your HDD, click red to initialise
I’m using vix so I went
menu>setup>storage>initialize devices>clicked on HDD>pressed red button (even though there is no text next to the red button on the screen-just a red circle), then it just exits out of the menu and goes back to the TV. I try to record and i get a message saying “missing no HDD found or HDD not initialised!”

I’m using vix so I went
menu>setup>storage>initialize devices>clicked on HDD>pressed red button (even though there is no text next to the red button on the screen-just a red circle), then it just exits out of the menu and goes back to the TV. I try to record and i get a message saying “missing no HDD found or HDD not initialised!”
I've never used Vix so I am assuming that the red button in that menu is an exit button.
In the initialise menu, are there no other options, EG green to initialise

I’m using vix so I went
On initialize Device press ok on your storage device then green to Initialise

On initialize Device press ok on your storage device then green to Initialise
Legend that was it! There was no green button option showing though only a red button without text though.
Now next problem is I have gone to menu>setup>epg>settings> and epg location is set to internal flash-is that where the epg is saved? I’ve clicked on on it to try change to HDD but it only gives the option for internal flash?
I havent done a reboot yet though so I’ll try that now.

Legend that was it! There was no green button option showing though only a red button without text though.
Now next problem is I have gone to menu>setup>epg>settings> and epg location is set to internal flash-is that where the epg is saved? I’ve clicked on on it to try change to HDD but it only gives the option for internal flash?
I havent done a reboot yet though so I’ll try that now.
Yep reboot worked and it automatically set to HDD! Thanks for all the help folks!

New Vix images on storage are now setup as ext4 automatically.
Older Images were ext3 and needed to be moved on ext4.

Newer images dont show ext4 anymore

Ahh Willo showed me the way 😂

Last edited:
Back