Acer eRecovery Management Issue

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
I seem to be having an issue trying to load Acer eRecovery Management on my Acer TravelMate 2420 laptop. Its a utility for Acer laptops to re-install the operating system or to make backups of the factory default image saved on the hidden partition. When i click on Acer eRecovery Management from the Empowering Technology Menu, i'm given the following error:

75135403.png

I'm not quite sure whats caused this error, havent used the erecovery management software for a while now, but just recently decided to burn a backup image of the OS to a DVD, its my bad i didnt make a backup in the first place lol. My laptop is running fine, and other than this there is nothing wrong with it. I can access the eRecovery management console via pressing ALT + F10 just before the windows boot screen, without any problems. However the features are limited this way, nd the backup image option is not there.

If i a re-install the OS (ALT + F10 method), then i may find that the recovery console will work, but i prefer not going through the entire re-install process. I could re-install the utility but i cant seem to find it on the Acer support site.

Are their any suggestions?
(Just a reminder, my laptop is an old model so the interface for Empowering Technology will vary).

Last edited:
I solved my own problem lmao. In the eRecovery folder on the C:\ Drive, i ran monitor.exe, and then eRecovery.exe after it, the recovery console opened up without any problems, now time for that backup. ;)

Back