Advice on what cable box to buy

BeardedKing

Hi All,

I currently have a Vu+ Solo2 but want to upgrade to a cable box as I want HD channels.

This box runs at lightning speed so I'm looking for a similar box that is for cable.

The Vu+ Duo 2 is waaaaaaay too expensive so does anyone have any tips on what to go for?

I don't want a cheap box. I'd prefer one that runs smoothly and is quick etc

I use an Octagon SF4008 4K very quick great box £200 twin tuner or there's the Mutant HD51 similar specs now £165

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you after a completely separate box as that's a combo with Sat or you just want to add DVB-C to your box?
VU+ Solo SE V2 or VU+ Uno 4k

Yeah I want a completely different box solely for VM Ireland.

My current setup has 2 cables running from my dish.

For VM, is one cable from the wall sufficient for recording and watching???

Or do I need a splitter?

You need to search for boxes that have a 1 x twin/dual dvb-c so you don't need to split the feed. That will still allow you to watch and record another.

Thanks for the quick replies all.

Will the below do??

Version: 2x DVB-S2 + 1x DVB-T2/C/S2 (Triple Tuner Combo Receiver)

Oh well that's a kick ha.

I knew that Edision OS Mega was too good to be true :(

What boxes would you recommend that have DVB-C???

You just need to do the research might be possible to add additional cable tuner to that Edison box? Take a look at world - of -satellite loads of boxes there

Yeah that looks good but the price is slightly high as I will need to buy two boxes.

Any other boxes that are suitable for VM and that will allow me to watch and record (Twin DVB-C)

I'm not really sure what ur trying to accomplish, what do you actually want cable, satellite or both?? A twin dvb-c is around £200 so why would you need another box as well ??

I currently have 2 x Solo2 for Sat.

In this current situation, I want to move to cable. (Also want HD).

So I'm going to sell both my boxes and buy 2 x Cable boxes that can record one while watching another.

Hope this clears it up :)

Hey,

I have a solo2 here for sat and I've attached a Vu+ turbo USB tuner (€50-60) to get cable in too. All works well but I'd imagine you could buy 2 USB tuners & a cable splitter allowing you to keep your current box and add 2 cable feeds. Anyone confirm this can b done?

As per the earlier posts twin DVB-C the cheapest is gonna be the Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 which is 1 x DVB-S and 2 x DVB-C.
Or you could just buy the Vu+ Turbo USB tuner for your Solo 2 as selling them in the current market won't get you much.

Hope it's ok to jump on this thread.
Like the OP, I'm looking for a cable box for VM in Ireland, not bothered about HD or recording.
I've been using sat for the last few years, haven't used a cable box since the old kryptviews.
Would appreciate any recommendations.

If your going down the cable route it's highly recommended to get a decent box big difference over SD to HD. Well worth it to record and watch another?

I currently have 2 x Solo2 for Sat.

In this current situation, I want to move to cable. (Also want HD).

So I'm going to sell both my boxes and buy 2 x Cable boxes that can record one while watching another.

Hope this clears it up :)
If both boxes are for the same house then you could look at VU+ Uno 4K 1x DVB-C CABLE FBC Tuner Linux Enigma for £230. It has 8 demodulators giving you 8 tuners. You could then just get an android box as a 2nd and stream from the VU+ Uno to the android box using an android App.

Back