1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Fire TV Stick

Discussion in 'Items Wanted.' started by mattyj1085, Dec 7, 2016.

1. mattyj1085

mattyj1085 Registered

2. systemlord

systemlord TK Veteran

Since you've asked here instead of just buying one from Argos, do you mean you want it pre-loaded with Kodi?

3. mattyj1085

mattyj1085 Registered

I intend to put Kodi on it, so pre loaded would be ok.

I was just looking for one for around the £20 mark to play with I missed out when they were £25 at Argos.

4. dillyp70

dillyp70 PETER DILWORTH

{Roofer
    merseyside
    Get a roku stick was £17.99 with free postage from currys instead of £40

5. 1999gtv

1999gtv TK Veteran

Roku stick is good and I prefer it to the firestick, have a roku in the bedroom but it can't do Kodi

6. dillyp70

dillyp70 PETER DILWORTH

{Roofer
    merseyside
  7. 1999gtv

1999gtv TK Veteran

Doesn't install kodi only enables developer mode. Kodi cant be installed as roku uses brightscript and kodi relies on C# or C++. Kodi developers have no intention of rewriting for brightscript as it has been asked on the kodi forum on more than 1 occasion. Stock reply from kodi developers seems to be if someone wants to fork it they can but they have no interest in doing it themselves. Shame as I have the roku stick and roku 2 and it would complete the box

8. gravehead

gravehead TK Veteran

{stonemason
    come on matty, loosen the purse strings, spend an extra few quid!!

9. ianw314

ianw314 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {Finance
    Singapore
    ....and if you do, install Paradox Build and you wont be disappointed;)

10. mattyj1085

mattyj1085 Registered

Lol your right but I only wanted it to test performance compared to the micro PC with Kodi installed I already have

11. Janso

Janso TK Veteran

Male
    ..could you not just return it if you're not happy with the performance?

12. jerico2048

jerico2048 Registered

Have the FireTV Stick in my bedroom on wifi and works perfectly fine, even when the door is closed.......:eyes:

13. Zakutd

Zakutd Forum Supporter

I'm interested in a fire stick (ideally pre loaded) if anyone has any for sale and can post in time for Christmas :christmas tree:

14. ianw314

ianw314 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {Finance
    Singapore
    Zakutd I could send you one mate but to be honest you would be better setting up the firestick yourself as most builds require maintenance over time whether it might be to remove/update addons that no longer work or to add new additional addons. If you need any assistance and I can help your welcome to pm me to ask any queries you may have.