Amazon Prime Premier League Fixtures 2023

Also see they will be broadcasting select games in HDR as below

"Amazon has announced plans to stream its Premier League coverage in the HDR format.

Prime Video will broadcast 10 matches from the early December midweek match round starting December 5th and another 10 across the Boxing Day bank holiday round.

Its confirmed “select games” will be available in HDR “to offer fans a wider range of colour and greater contrast between light and dark, creating a more vivid view of the action”.

There’s also a new in-game match selection function that allows fans to move seamlessly from one game to another. This is accessed by pressing down on the TV remote or swiping up when using a phone or tablet. The feature removes the annoyance of missing several minutes of action when moving between matches.
Amazon has also secured the services of sports broadcasters Jeff Stelling and Dan Walker. Stelling was a regular on Sky Sports for 30 years, before leaving Soccer Saturday at the end of last season, while Walker previously presented the BBC’s Football Focus"

£8.99 for the month , thanks for posting , think I'll give it a shot . Assume Prime app will be in playstore on shield.

The non HDR game was well below sat quality imo
The HDR game was decent quality for sure.
You may find my comment funny but it was...did u test this as be good to see ur findings ..as for quality amazon prime output at 1080 50fps at approx 10-11mbps that for HDR or none HDR is no diff in quality to sat picture for me.

What live TV did you compare it with ?
@Drox did some extensive testing yest and found sky.de was 10 secs BEHIND prime video lol

I did check myself and he was spot on

I compare it with the time on SkyBet and Betfair - I've checked when I've been at matches at a couple of Premier League grounds and the time on the betting apps is accurate to the scoreboard.

I couldn't work out last night what quality the 2 games were broadcast in

Tried via my Panasonic TV app (3 year old OLED) and tried both games, picture looked OK but the frame rate looked 25FPS

Then logged in via my Sky Q UHD box, looked 50FPS, and to be fair the picture on both games I thought looked impressive

However my TV didnt do its usual when its a UHD stream & HDR and change resolution and come up with a HDR notification, I also noticed when I arrowed up it just said HD

That saying, I did find the picture impressive, better than normal Sky Sports HD IMO.

However my TV didnt do its usual when its a UHD stream & HDR and change resolution and come up with a HDR notification, I also noticed when I arrowed up it just said HD

I watched on a Nvidia Shield, Panasonic tv and the HDR notification came up on my tv when I switched channels to the hdr one.

Back