Android + DVD-S2 Recommendations - reviews

saf1973

So i'm not having a great time finding a decent Satellite + Android combo box, i want both because the AV quality on the Sat side is better than anything streamed but I also want to be able to use VOD features of XBMC and all the Google goodies i have on my tab/phone.

So far i have tried these -

Skybox AS100 - Trashed too easily, i'm left with half a brick, my Sat side is dead and that leaves the Android 4.0.4 side only, which seems buggy and not up to much. Hoping for a new Firmware release to restore my faith in this company.

Media Art 7 Ultra - Nice try with a decent qwerty wireless remote but the hacked XBMC 12.2 uses the boxes iMedia Player and therefore no subtitle support. Sat side is ok. Zero support on the web other than a Turkish firm who sells them as Atlanta G4. No support for XBMC Gotham (or any official build) as its a Non-Neon chip. For subs you'll need XBMC XAF plus MX Plus Subslauncher....outdated tech now.

Anyone got any recommendations? Vivobox I3 looked ok but seems to be an old box and not sold much anymore.

Back