Anyone have any experience of youfibre

locuppy

As per title, looking to change in the next few months and these guys have been in our area, offering 1000mb for 30 a month, even have a 8000mb package which I didn't think was possible in residential areas yet. I need reliable Internet for work, can't tolerate periods of loss of service. So has anyone had experience with youfibre good or bad, cheers.

I don't have any personal experience with YouFibre, but a quick google seems to suggest they are getting lots of good feedback. I would do some research with "YouFibre Review" as a search. This was one of the first hits = YouFibre is rated "Excellent" with 4.8 / 5 on Trustpilot

If you want to check services available in your area, this is a terrific site (enter postcode in top right hand corner)

Better Internet Dashboard

We’ve had youfibre installed for just over a year now and can happily say it’s been more reliable than when we had virgin media’ we got the 1GB package for £25 a month including a eero pro 6 as main router plus a eero 6 mesh extender for upstairs’ overall it’s been an excellent service and much better than virgin media which was off nearly every week or so where we live.

We’ve had youfibre installed for just over a year now and can happily say it’s been more reliable than when we had virgin media’ we got the 1GB package for £25 a month including a eero pro 6 as main router plus a eero 6 mesh extender for upstairs’ overall it’s been an excellent service and much better than virgin media which was off nearly every week or so where we live.
Nice one, cheers for the feedback, currently have sky but they keep upping the costs, it has been reliable but sometimes nice to have a change.

Nice one, cheers for the feedback, currently have sky but they keep upping the costs, it has been reliable but sometimes nice to have a change.
Worth looking at cashback sites, quite often get a gift card when you change.

Glad other options are opening up as competition to VM .. I have moved to BRSK which is a similar provider to Youfibre in Yorkshire and its been great. Plug and play your own modem and 500mb at £23 for 24 months no increase can't complain.

Last edited:
As per title, looking to change in the next few months and these guys have been in our area, offering 1000mb for 30 a month, even have a 8000mb package which I didn't think was possible in residential areas yet. I need reliable Internet for work, can't tolerate periods of loss of service. So has anyone had experience with youfibre good or bad, cheers.
That’s my current speed pal sat next to the main hub downstairs 😁

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpeg
    IMG_0689.jpeg
    132.7 KB · Views: 13
You fibre came poaching around my area. About 3 years ago.. Very pushy.. Bit like tv detection people.

With any broadband you get a 14 day cooling period so should imagine if you don't like it if you went with them you should be within your rights to withdraw

Very nice, got to wonder what that 8000 is like, probably need to be streaming 4k on about 20 Telly's to make a dent in it.
I would say 8000 is a typo error. Uk doesn't have the resources for 8gb speeds at the minute. Think some countries like Canada can get close to 10gb but in the UK its still 1gb

I would say 8000 is a typo error. Uk doesn't have the resources for 8gb speeds at the minute. Think some countries like Canada can get close to 10gb but in the UK its still 1gb
One of my colleagues in Santa Clara (US) upgraded his 1Gb connection to 10Gb last year. Insane connection speed

It’s not a typo. Its an XGS-PON service, which is a 10 Gbps shared bus per 128 local properies.

It seems outrageous, but, there are a wave of new providers (called alt-nets) doing the same thing.,I’m also connected to one, at that kind of speed.

It seems outrageous, but, there are a wave of new providers (called alt-nets) doing the same thing.,I’m also connected to one, at that kind of speed.
That is outrageous, remember the old dial up days waiting for a website to fully load, painful. Now we complain about buffering streaming 4k lol

That is outrageous, remember the old dial up days waiting for a website to fully load, painful. Now we complain about buffering streaming 4k lol
Had a few beers but, Website that must have been new I remember bulitin boards would take about 4 hours to upload two 1.44mb floppy disks :LOL: and even then we were using methods called boxing you would phone large company nearest local that had there own telephone exchange and it would cost price of local phone call.
Did well out of that was biggest uploader to iceland for accsess old cracking group years back. :confused:

so once you connected there you would send the dial tones to connect to other countries all over the world.
And I will never forget when one of my friends was on holiday in america and I tried to phone him got the country code wrong ended up calling a cinema in singapore with girl asking if i wanted to book tickets :LOL:

Last edited:
I don't have any experience with youfibre but I like how alt-nets are offering symmetrical uploads.

Back