Anyone have any know how on car problems?

itsmrjt

TK Veteran
Ok so I have a Astra SRI+ 1.8, My problem is with first gear. When the car is cold or being using after a few hours of rest slowing down to about 9/2mph first gear seems to not like to go in! Yet when I'm stopping at the red light and come to the slowest movement ever the car goes into first very nice and just as good when the cars not moving with or without the engine running.. But after its been driven for a while I can get into first gear from about 9mph yet you'd need to if you were going up a hill.. I just cant figure out why when the car is cold its not acting this way. I only really drive 3.5 miles to work each day so its not alot but so annoying.

Does anyone else have this or if you have the same car or just test yours out to see if this is normal?

should only use first for taking away form standstill why u want to put it into first at 9 miles a hour i dont know

9 mph would be correct for first car,how heavy is your clutch pedal because if clutch disk is stuck on dirty spigot shaft could cause sticking grating in first and reverse gears.

also make sure no multiple carpets are going in under pedals.

Hi, it sounds like your gearbox oil is a bit to thick, when the box is warm it will select gears easier. Give it an oil change first.

Get your gearbox oil changed first, if that does not cure it then next candidate is clutch.
My old 350z was like that when I first got it, I changed the gearbox oil and added 2 tubes of molyslip, as suggested my Nissan and its been sweet ever since.

Back