Anyone?

d17

Anyone got one of these? Just ordered one as my first box - assume the majority of understanding is transferable from the other zgemma boxes, but be nice to hear of anyone's experiences.

[h=1]Is this the correct box for this forum?
Zgemma Star H5 FTA Two Tuner SAT + Cable / T (H.265)[/h]

Im pretty new to these, ive owned a starview but many many years ago. I have VM and from what ive understood this is the latest box available that does VM and SKY is that correct?
Also ive read I will need an F connector to screw onto the end of my VM input so it pushes onto the LNB Port at the back is that correct?
For this box to record etc do I need an external hard drive. If so I was planning on using a 1TB Like the Transcend using the USB at the back, would this be ok?
Does the instruction manual provide full setup, you lost me in the last post with regards to the (flash an image for the H5 as the file structure will be different).
Im used to using the firmware with the starview is this similiar?
Apologies for my infant knowledge.

No h5 is the latest version it's 1 sat and 1 cable.

The new box that maybe coming out is H.52TC twin cable and one sat.

Have a reed through the zgemma sections and you'll get the idea of what you need there isn't a manual as such so you need to read up on enigma2 combo boxes

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thank you dsayers, will do.
No h5 is the latest version it's 1 sat and 1 cable.

The new box that maybe coming out is H.52TC twin cable and one sat.

Have a reed through the zgemma sections and you'll get the idea of what you need there isn't a manual as such so you need to read up on enigma2 combo boxes

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Had mine 10 days now, never had a system like this before as ive always had a full Rupert Murdoch subscription.....its runs beautiful and ive connected the content to my amazon fire stick running Kodi. The N-Line I have was very cheap and is glitchy. Think I need to find a more stable / reliable GIFT to make it perfecto.

Mike

Mike, what do you mean you've linked the content to kodi? You can watch content from the box via kodi?

If that's possible it would be amazing. I live in a rented property with a shared satellite system and cabling to only one room - I'd love to be able to access it in a 2nd room.

Hi d17,

Its a relatively simple process, lots of vids on YT to show how. Ive got mine running sweet with full epg, channels and access to my recordings....i can also record remotely. My set up was more tricky as im running the 'paradox' build on my kodi.

try this one but there are plenty of others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anS4qQByC_U

mike

I'm getting an H5.2S as an Xmas present (already have an H.2S, which I like a lot). The H5.2S's only difference seems to be H.265 (HEVC) support, but does it actually use H.265 anywhere?
Is there anything to play back H.265 videos or - even better - actually record in H.265 on the H5.2S (I'm not sure if the Broadcom chip has encoding support though)? Otherwise, it seems like you're paying about 15 quid more for a feature that isn't going to be used, at least not right away.

Even if one is a cable tuner the other a sat tuner

yes it works but the build is for sky, to use the cable tuner/ set it to dvb/c in config and you need to download autobouquetmakers in the system plugins and set it to virgin uk as provider, add the net id underneath and scan for channels
that should sort your cable side

I got an H2.S today from Ebay. The programmes weren't loading correctly so I updated as it said I had 69 updates to install. Now it's stuck on Boot with a redlight. Any idea's on how I can solve this problem? Thanks in advance.

Back