AutoTimer Issue

saintmatt

I'm trying to set up an AutoTimer for Marcella on ITV HD on Monday night. However, as soon as I select the AutoTimer option for the programme the box hangs on the spinning circle in the top left corner and the only way to get out of it is a power cycle. Any ideas on this one? Is it because it's a new series?

---------- Post Merged at 06:34 PM ----------

Sorry, forgot to say I'm on Wooshbuild v3.02

have you ever just added a timer ?
once you have added a timer you can add a repeating timer in there
so it will only record on a day or days at that time

so you dont end up with multiple recordings

I find that pressing the record button then adding auto timer to series link tends to be glitchy. Sometimes it will work and then it won't series link.

From now if I want to series link I highlight what i want to recod on the EPG>RED BUTTON (OPTIONS)>ADD AUTO TIMER (4) From there I just run through the autotimer options like time frame and setting custom location and select OK once I'm finished

The auto timer tends to work fine for a once a week programme. Not so great for a daily item like the soaps.

Find the soaps tend to need tweaking.

Setup a box for father in law today. All from new, fresh install, new USB stick (sandisk cruder fit usb2 32gb), all the right settings, swap file and so on

auto record crashing box frequently. Wooshbuild 3.02.

I have just had a look and my Missus already has that on series link. As I was not here last week I know the box didn't crash when she set it up. My box runs WooshBuild v3.02, nothing altered or added.

I don't know how she added it but it is there. I use a 320gb HDD as my USB device for timeshift and recordings and I have a Micro SD card for my EPG and picons.

AutoTimers are the one thing that keep this box from being as good as Sly+

Last edited:
Yea there not as good as sky

but if you know a show is on sametime all the time try and use timer
you can select any day. Mon to fri or select the days you want
i find it good

you then only end up with one show instead of 50

Agreed, bit more fiddly but only really the daily shows. Weekly seem to work fine, but corrie, holly oaks and so on need a bit of a tweak, but once set that's fine.

Didn't work well for me. I go into the menu/auto timers select the programme, say Eastenders...

bottom on option to add filters, then add a filter for day of week and the option is weekdays.

Then in it works spot on.

For a show on Tice a day, say Home & Away, I would do the same thing and also one of the options there is to alter it for a certain time of day, so perhaps 1100-1400hrs to only record the day version, not the afternoon/evening episode which is the repeat.

once done it works a treat, not so simple for a first timer, which is why I helped the in laws today set theirs up, but for once a week type shows, X factor, the voice, casualty or whatever it works perfect without any hassles.

Yea that's not fiddly lol.
they both have their upside
but I think people here auto timer and think oh it will be just like sky lol

Back