Bad plusnet , looking for good reliable BB provider

celticfc

TK Veteran
Hope im in te right section ?
Hi I am currently with Plusnet for my BB, recently i decided to upgrade to fibre from copper, was on 10meg and decided to get the 38meg ,
I was told i would go active on 16/1/18, and i was getting 38meg on said date , but on 20/1/18 my speed went down to 10meg again so i phone plusnet was told it wouldnt go active until 23/1/18, even tho i had 38 on 16th.
Anyway after phoning they said they done tests and modifications (unnecessary " may i add as i never had a fault in the first place ) !
to my line and now i only get 8meg . so i said i would cancel if they did not pay attention and fix what they had broke , or i would move on ,
Now they say if i cancel then i would be charged a fee.
is there anyone in the Scotland/glasgow area whom can recommend a reliable BB provider ,
thanx

what devices are you using in checking speed tests done?
thanx for reply
Using a HUB ONE (Plusnet) done BT speedtest
Plusnet admit they got it wrong in my connection date and have now changed it , they admit im still on 10meg, but are trying to avoiding me leaving.
ie. trying to make me pay a penalty for leaving ,
but before upgrading to 38meg i was on a rolling contract as my old contract had expired .

why they decided to fix a fault that I never had , i will never know, but my speed is worse now , just feel they are not interested , everytime i speak to a cust. relations person they contradict what the last person says , feel im going round in circles and they refuse to tell me how long i have to cancel contract, they just say i will billed a cancelation fee ,

DOES anyone use talktalk , i see they are £25 a month for same speed but ive heard so many negative things about talktalk
thanx

thanx for reply
Plusnet admit they got it wrong in my connection date and have now changed it , they admit im still on 10meg, but are trying to avoiding me leaving.
but before upgrading to 38meg i was on a rolling contract as my old contract had expired .

why they decided to fix a fault that I never had , i will never know, but my speed is worse now , just feel they are not interested , everytime i speak to a cust. relations person they contradict what the last person says , feel im going round in circles and they refuse to tell me how long i have to cancel contract, they just say i will billed a cancelation fee ,

DOES anyone use talktalk , i see they are £25 a month for same speed but ive heard so many negative things about talktalk
thanx

thanx for reply

thanx
Talk Talk are very good i used them for a number of years . Then in August 2017. Vodafone had a bb deal
80mb down / 18 up
Install date all went well.
Then in november connection dropped to
I sh×t you not to 2mb

3 weeks of this crap numerous calls . I got out of my 18 month contract as the servers were over subscribed . The problem couldnt be resolved until january.

Right back to talk talk.. good service 80mb on average.. downside. customer service
Is possibly worst i have ever dealt with..
£30.00 no connection fee . But no phone package. Saying that i dont even no my home number

Last edited:
Talk Talk are very good i used them for a number of years . Then in August 2017. Vodafone had a bb deal
80mb down / 18 up
Install date all went well.
Then in november connection dropped to
I sh×t you not to 2mb

3 weeks of this crap numerous calls . I got out of my 18 month contract as the servers were over subscribed . The problem couldnt be resolved until january.

Right back to talk talk.. good service 80mb on average.. downside. customer service
Is possibly worst i have ever dealt with..

are u in glasgow area ?
thanx

speed test on wifi or hard wired pc or laptop and what op system?

speedtest hardwired, but its not my speed thats the issue its my connection date (copper to fibre ) they wont tell me the cut off date to cancel new contract,said i would have to pay a penalty for changing provider, told had 14days .
i did get 38m on the said due date , it ran for 3days ok, then went back to 10meg, so it was running on fibre , but the say it wasnt, if it wasnt then i would never got 38m .

speedtest hardwired, but its not my speed thats the issue its my connection date (copper to fibre ) they wont tell me the cut off date to cancel new contract,said i would have to pay a penalty for changing provider, told had 14days .
i did get 38m on the said due date , it ran for 3days ok, then went back to 10meg, so it was running on fibre , but the say it wasnt, if it wasnt then i would never got 38m .
If your provider cannot a service..
Depending on the time scale..your within your right to complain.
Screen shot your speeds cppl of times a day..
Embarrass plusnet. As long as its not argumentative they may give up and let you go..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If your provider cannot a service..
Depending on the time scale..your within your right to complain.
Screen shot your speeds cppl of times a day..
Embarrass plusnet. As long as its not argumentative they may give up and let you go..

my contract had ended i was on a 1 month rolling contract u ntil i sighned up to fibre , ive not even went live yet and gitting threatened with a penalty for canceling

read alot bout talktalk and all very negative of reviews makes me weery to goto them
thanx
The service was / is good its when problems arise... they are terrible.. i speak how i find.. .my posts included vodafone bb been excellent..

The service was / is good its when problems arise... they are terrible.. i speak how i find.. .my posts included vodafone bb been excellent..

vodafone say i can only get copper 17meg they say i cant get fibre but i can
If your not getting speeds you should be you should be able to cancel free of charge I'm positive that if not getting what you signed up for
ye but prob is they say im not on fire yet so cant check new speed but i was on fibre on 16th and was on 38m but they say still on copper so just gettin 8 meg but was on 10m b4 they fix a fault i never had ,
think i will check talktalk out thanx

vodafone say i can only get copper 17meg they say i cant get fibre but i can

ye but prob is they say im not on fire yet so cant check new speed but i was on fibre on 16th and was on 38m but they say still on copper so just gettin 8 meg but was on 10m b4 they fix a fault i never had ,
think i will check talktalk out thanx
I had it when I signed upto sky we went from standard 5 Meg to 38 Meg and on the day got full speed available then dropped back to 5 Meg phoned them don't know if this will help I got told to reset my router by the back (not power button) didn't make a difference then told me to go into my router and change the selected channel till it improved now getting 30 Meg don't know if would be worth a try for you

I had it when I signed upto sky we went from standard 5 Meg to 38 Meg and on the day got full speed available then dropped back to 5 Meg phoned them don't know if this will help I got told to reset my router by the back (not power button) didn't make a difference then told me to go into my router and change the selected channel till it improved now getting 30 Meg don't know if would be worth a try for you

thanx for info m8, i did try router reset , still the same, they say im defo still on copper

I would look at other providers and in the meantime keep getting on at them and ask to speak to customer relations team if they do one or some one higher rank if you dont mind me asking are they charging you for the fibre even tho they've made a f**k up at there end

I would look at other providers and in the meantime keep getting on at them and ask to speak to customer relations team if they do one or some one higher rank if you dont mind me asking are they charging you for the fibre even tho they've made a f**k up at there end

i was paying 28.98 for copper and fibre is the same price , so no change in billing thanx
its hard to get a good reliable BB provider

Back