Battle Of The Builds

Spankey

Hi, I'm new to all this, just dipping my toes into the world sat tv and iptv.
Bearing this in mind which is best....
Openvix with a sucmnsee build or
Openatv with a wooshbuild?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid that's a matter of personal preference. You can always make backups during your testing and switch. It's good to get knowledge of both then you can decide what works best for you, or choose another image altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,
Any pros or cons on either or could you point me towards other images I don't know of.
Many thanks.

Information is my god!

Well I use the wooshman build just works for me. It's as near plug and play as sly, very good build. Do read the install guide very helpful.

I used vix for years but after deciding to give openatv a go and in particular Wooshman, there's no going back. Forget all the personal preference talk, if you want to flash your box via USB and then spend half an hour manually putting your settings back in then go for vix but if you want to be able to update your image and plugins straight from your box then openatv is what you need.

ViX = Faster but not officially supported on Zgemmas so over the air updates are not a good idea

OpenATV = Has more hardware / features supported as standard and is slightly bigger hence slightly slower (IMHO not sufficiently so to detract from it's use) is also officially supported so over the air updates are safe.

Personally, I would follow KiddaC's guinea pigs guide and build your own from scratch - you'll learn a lot more about the workings of the box that way and it's not at all hard if you're able to follow step by step instructions.

Other teams have images for the Zgemma boxes too... Definitely worth a go is the new ItalySat 8 image for the H2S

Thanks man, that's really good and constructive advice.
I will immerse myself in a massive research session and see where
the wind blows me. I agree that doing things yourself is the best way to learn.
Thanks again.

To be honest I'm getting sick of these threads have a look at this post
Hi eebbs can you please share how you did the hd listing first also which image are you using i have zgemma h2 and h2h cant find any stable image for VM thanks
'Cant find any stable image' Bacups/Images provided here are just a backup to get you started then adjust the settings to your liking as suggested above make your own image if you can't get it going try a backup then test the other if you don't like something in the backup adjust to your preference

---------- Post Merged at 06:39 AM ----------

Sorry for the rant slightly intoxicated and annoyed.

Back