Satellite Best current images for H7

Podz

What image are you currently running and what are the most current recommended images ?

Currently I have Vix Virtuosso xtreme 5.4.012 with Blue HD skin
My setup is Saorview/dual lnb Iptv and harddrive
IPTV through Jedi. This came on the box when I bought it.
I find this image very stable.

Is there a better stable image out there to update to?
And what would you recomend for iptv on the box ?

IPTV just run JediMakerExtreme and have the channels in your bouquets.

If not use Xtreamity as an plugin.

Image wise its all down to personal opinion.

Personally I would go with Willobuild as based around vix.
There’s grog free range which is based on openatv 6.4 not sure if there is a pli build for your box or you could just put open tab on or plain vix and just install the plugins you need.
No doubt ferret will correct me if I’m wrong 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Podz if your box runs smooth touch nothing. Your image is ancient but as they say if it aint broke dont fix it and with the H7 you can have 4 images so if you want to know how to put on another image to play with just say so. I have 4 on mine and at the moment playing with OpenBH 5.3.007 and its smooth but no iptv.

And your image is Openvix 5.4.012 dated October 2020 latest is 6.4.007 dated 18 Sept 2023.

I have always used Open Atv right up to v7.2 with no problems and tried 7.3 but had an epg issue and just didn't seem as good as 7.2 so tried Openvix 6.4 and it runs perfectly, I quite like it. I do prefer some of the skins on Open Atv but that's just my preference tbh. We all have different tastes.

Last edited:
I have plain Vix on mine, just create a backup if Vix is on now and update download latest and reflash. Loads of skins plug ins to use! I've tried them all and always come back to Vix .

The multi boot sounds good, I also didn't realise the open vix updates were on the box to download, was always used to the old way of downloading from laptop to usb and manually flashing the amiko2!
I have now created a backup and have downloaded vix 6.4. Do I just flash 6.4 or do I add it some way to multi boot? Also is Jedi on 6.4?

best build is whatever image you prefer and just add the plugins and skins you like. I started off with Wooshbuild but it is not now updated then you realise it came with some plugins you may not ever use. there is no build that suits everyone but builds were made or are made to help new users, but at the end of the day best to try installing and adding what you require then you can learn.

Or like most of us learn by your mistakes :smiley:

I use ATV 7.3 and pure2 7.3 and both seem fine and run iptv well .
As mentioned you can use 4 images so try a few and choose your fav :).

For the multi boot option do I, flash vix 6.4 through image manager and then when powering up hold red button for option to boot to 6.4… if I then choose to boot back will all my settings be the same?

For multiboot images press the the blue button,flash online, and choose the image you want,on openatv when choosing press the yellow button for distribution,choose your image and it will ask what partition to flash to.
plain images are good for adding your own prefered plugins and skins.

Back