Best Device for Watching IPTV

ewenutz

Hi guys, I'm currently running IPTV on an android box, a Minix Neo UH-9. I'm an ex Sky Q customer and my wife misses the layout, menu, recording function and EPG of Sky. And she struggled with the remote/functions of the android box. If I were to upgrade my device and take out a different subscription, which device would be the best? Android? Firestick? Enigma2? Or something else? I've been watching ZGemma and enigma2 boxes on eBay but I really know nothing about any of these.

Hi mate I use a Formuler Z7+ Android box has its own epg and app built in also wifi had no issues with it but if you want the sky look try the zgemma i55

I think you have your answer already. Your mrs misses sky Q and no doubt only sky q will suffice. Enigma 2 boxes with sky q skin will look like skyQ or sky hd but they will not feel like it. Most images for enigma boxes are nearly the same and follow the same layout. EPG is different might have same colours but not the same, getting into your recordings with be different, and as for series planning :). I have loads of enigma 2 boxes other half is not interested in the slightest. I also have an nvidia shield and when i come home its often on playing music video's as she can cast from here phone. Thats how I know she is happy to use it.

mate - i now have a Xiaomi Mi android - can't fault it for the price - i'm not experienced but its easy to use and relatively inexpensive.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, I like the sound of the ZGemma H7S but perhaps the the Minix Neo that I have will do for now if I just install a different app. Its a nice box, quite fast and slick so perhaps its more than capable. I have the Neo A3 remote control as well, but I wish it looked and operated like more of a 'tv' remote. I bought a replacement android tv media remote thinking it would be compatible but unfortunately it isn't. Maybe i'm being too fussy, but i'd like a remote that looks and operates like a TV remote, with a record button, up/down channel etc... Does anyone know if such a remote is available for Android boxes?

I have just recieved an amiko one 5G box from Kuul Media on monday.

Really impressed with the layout and ease of setup and use. Early days but so far so good.

Id highly recommend checking out the video thats up in the thread to get an idea of it but it is as described and the 7 day catch up is really handy.

PM me if you want any further details.

Hi guys, I'm currently running IPTV on an android box, a Minix Neo UH-9. I'm an ex Sky Q customer and my wife misses the layout, menu, recording function and EPG of Sky. And she struggled with the remote/functions of the android box. If I were to upgrade my device and take out a different subscription, which device would be the best? Android? Firestick? Enigma2? Or something else? I've been watching ZGemma and enigma2 boxes on eBay but I really know nothing about any of these.
new addition to OPENBOX VX family. 4K Android TV box with the fastest processor and massive 4GB RAM with 32GB of storage. It comes with built in dual band 2.0GHz and 5GHZ WIFI

The easiest to use and navigate is a Mag box in my opinion. Its not like SKY Q but it is the simplest to work your way around. I have seen my parents, neither tech savy by any means, easily master it in an hour. As for recording, forget about it. Get yourself a provider with "catch up", mine has 2 week catchup on almost all channels. It means everything is already recorded. A good supplier will also have TV series, which will include your emmerdale, eastenders and all that stuff which again is pre recorded. I suggest to you to embrace this new way and forget about trying to mimic SKY with an enigma box as they are the most complex and annoying and most likely to require a tech guru to resolve any issues.

Back