Cable Best epg for virgin

Hi I'm currently using rytec epg for virgin but it gives me incorrect information on channels is there any way round this or is there a better epg I can use thanks

set a timer up to zap to channel 100 (vm preview channel) on a daily repeat say at 6am (or when you are asleep)
this will tun box on at 3am zap to ch 100 after 3mins and no input from remote will turn box back off
this will update your EPG daily with a 7 day guide
no plugins ect needed

this works for me a treat on my duo2 with openvix hope this helps

Go to timers in menu and set a manual timer like if you were deciding to record something(but a zap just)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Test it now. Delete your epg. Go make a cuppa and come back. Mines worked so set the timer up.

You can also use epgrefresh and select to go to the pvr epg channel in all channels through the night.

Menu, timers. Timers, green, type vm, , type vm, amend record to zap, repeat daily. Start 301 end 306 say and choose channel virgin media previews

My Rytec Sources have disappeared off the face of the earth, so my vm EPG is naff at the moment. Is this a working alternative to the Rytec EPG then?

Also can you be a bit more clear on this, I don't quite understand?

You can also use epgrefresh and select to go to the pvr epg channel in all channels through the night.

remove any epg plugins you use
delete your old epg data
give the box a reboot
press epg it should be pretty crap with no info
goto vm preveiw channel i use 100
stay on there for 3/5 mins
check epg should be pretty good
set a timer to zap to ch 100 at 5am (daily) and save
that is all you need to do
to check the epg has work
the day the zap is done say Monday morning at 5am you get up say 7am check epg it should go upto Saturday
next day you get up at 7am Tuesday check epg it should go up Sunday
ect ect
also if you go into scheduled timers you will see it in there this will move depending what other recording are planned and what the time of day is

hope this also helps

on a side note this is not a 7 day EPG its only 6 days but TBH i find it fine and the source is VM so its normally ok

Back