Cable Best epg for virgin

zap as now or on the timer

if now yes for 3/5 mins

if on timer set it to say 5am and thats it
if the box is off in standby mode and the zap happens a warning pops up on the screen you have 3 mins then to press ok if not the box will go back into standby this is what mine dose
i am in bed at 6am so it turns on and then back off after 3 ish mins

if you are not sure how the timer and standyby works then just set it to a time for now (but all the other setting as above even put it on bbc1 before you turn off) and turn box off to standby and just wait (leave tv on tho) and let it do its thing you will understand then what i am trying to type lol

remove any epg plugins you use
delete your old epg data
give the box a reboot
press epg it should be pretty crap with no info
goto vm preveiw channel i use 100
stay on there for 3/5 mins
check epg should be pretty good
set a timer to zap to ch 100 at 5am (daily) and save
that is all you need to do
to check the epg has work
the day the zap is done say Monday morning at 5am you get up say 7am check epg it should go upto Saturday
next day you get up at 7am Tuesday check epg it should go up Sunday
ect ect
also if you go into scheduled timers you will see it in there this will move depending what other recording are planned and what the time of day is

hope this also helps

on a side note this is not a 7 day EPG its only 6 days but TBH i find it fine and the source is VM so its normally ok

I'm using that skin too! Nice eh. Any hints/tips for any changes to it? Sorry going off subject lol

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

I did the channel zap bit when I restarted the box the channel list didn't stay the same it went back to the old epg even though I deleted it

The only problem is I run sky to on another epg and when I run that it over writes the virgin epg when I zapped the channel

i dont run sat on my cable box so cant help you on that matter as never tried an epg from both sat and cable at same time i run sat on other boxes but not mixed with cable

also should not have changed your channel list

---------- Post Merged at 08:04 PM ----------

remove any epg plugins you use
delete your old epg data
give the box a reboot
press epg it should be pretty crap with no info
goto vm preveiw channel i use 100
stay on there for 3/5 mins
check epg should be pretty good
set a timer to zap to ch 100 at 5am (daily) and save
that is all you need to do
to check the epg has work
the day the zap is done say Monday morning at 5am you get up say 7am check epg it should go upto Saturday
next day you get up at 7am Tuesday check epg it should go up Sunday
ect ect
also if you go into scheduled timers you will see it in there this will move depending what other recording are planned and what the time of day is

hope this also helps

on a side note this is not a 7 day EPG its only 6 days but TBH i find it fine and the source is VM so its normally ok

I'm using that skin too! Nice eh. Any hints/tips for any changes to it? Sorry going off subject lol

it is a great looking skin i also use MK picons with it but i guess you do already if not get on it let me know if you need a link

what kind of tips you looking at (dont forget i am a noob at all this) LOL

---------- Post Merged at 08:05 PM ----------

thanks baz2011uk :woohoo:

take it you got it working like i said

Cheers Baz. I've only used it a week and tweaked things a bit like widths, columns etc just. Just to see if you found anything I'd missed to make it even better ;)

I use the picons in plugins that Kiddac recommended and they seem to update in the updates which is good

Cheers Baz. I've only used it a week and tweaked things a bit like widths, columns etc just. Just to see if you found anything I'd missed to make it even better ;)

I use the picons in plugins that Kiddac recommended and they seem to update in the updates which is good

hi bud yes i have also changed widths ect so it looks a little better

you should really try the MK piccons they suit the skin very very well
MK updates them every so oftern and you do manual have to add them when he makes new ones but it looks the dogs nutz with them

link is MK 400×240 SNP Picons | OpenViX

what piccons has kiddac recomended also good to look as may put them on the kids zgemma's

what box are you using? i am using a duo2

As I have no Rytec any more, I'm left with only my Sly EPG source as i'm running both tuners. I'm going to leave the EPG settings for now. I have done the 3 minute test and it seemed to fix the VM EPG so zap timer set for 5am daily!

Thanks .. will test this tonight. Currently using epgrefresh, which works but takes an age! So would prefer to do this and avoid the plugins

Agreed. The zap timer saves a plugin. I think there's a few channels lately not updating as well as they used to OTA but hopefully a temp blip!

I see this zap timer being mentioned quite often, I don't use anything but the Info that comes in on the VM feed and I've never had a blank or u populated EPG. I just set VM to yes in epg settings, turn all the others off (all settings) and it works a treat.

I mind you saying that mate and now I'm a sucker for ATV too, I agree. ATV worked fine I thought with no zap/plugin needed. On Vix though if I remember some channels always played up or you never got a full 7 day EPG.

Oh I might add it doesn't work for 7 days lol. I don't watch much TV so 24 hours is enough for me.
Yes ATV just works lol (unless your running a twin tuner cable xtrend 8500 , but let's no go there)

Okay, I've tried this having deleted my EPG file. Works fine for the Virgin channels, populates their EPG no problem, even the ones I've had massive issues with getting EPG to be correct on. Problem is, I'm using dsayers' custommix so I have my Virgin in with my Sky channels and it leaves me with **** all EPG data as EPG Refresh didn't seem to populate Sky's channels and anything else just overwrites the correct data EPG Refresh pulled in.

Should I just give it up as a bad job?

Back