Blade BM5000s in reboot loop after firmware update

Aww crap, I have one on the way:grimacing: Didn't get from fleabay or amazon so i'm keeping my fingers crossed big time as its my first box :/

So without the firmware 9991 is there no way of getting sky etc, what can can you get through normal firmware? I've orderd a rs232 cable before sending my box back

So without the firmware 9991 is there no way of getting sky etc, what can can you get through normal firmware? I've orderd a rs232 cable before sending my box back

There's no neew to panic,I might be wrong. Just seems like a few people are having the problem recently. Mine in the bedroom works fine,and the ones i've helped setup are all working with the 9991 firmware as well. Like I said,could be a few isolated incidents. Have to wait till the experts work out what happend.

Can confirm exactly the same thing has just happened to me, only thing i can think of is that the fw is older than the fw the box came with. V disappointed, waited all weekend for this and within 5 mins its doing feck all :beg:

No without the 9991 you can only get the FTA free to air channels only, you need the 9991 firmware and a sub line to get the sky channels.

There should be improvements with every new firmware so hopefully this boot loop and other issues will get sorted

It's pretty clear on the blade website:

VERY IMPORTANT: It is VERY IMPORTANT to flash a brand new factory box with FULL flash. Only the FULL flash contains all components of the firmware. After this time, the APP ONLY can be used, which does not overwrite any user settings. Failure to do so may prevent the box from booting correctly. Please read the readme.txt file in the below downloads regarding upgrading channel files.

Also, please note that it is unsafe and may risk your box to downgrade to older firmware after upgrading to newer firmware. In short, do not go backwards to older firmware.

So if you have a brand new box use only the latest full firmware dated 7/7/14. Don't use any old firmware or the app-only on a brand new box.

Its also pretty clear to say that once you have put the very latest firmware on it then you shouldn't go back to an older one.

Just for shits and giggles I just flashed my box with hypertrm using an old null modem cable (remember them, lads?.. brings a tear to your eye)

It's pretty easy. I just tried it with their Nova Updater and that was even easier.. just like old SV days haha

I would suggest if you have a bootloop then flash the official 7/7/14 software on it using rs232 then flash the very latest 9991 .

Its nay drama. your box is fine.

Have ordered the rs232 cable this morning, hopefully be here tomorrow and if not then friday. So that was the plan to put the one of the blade website on, thats if i can get it done right:willy nilly:

I've got the box up and running again via hyperterminal rs232, so now I should flash the latest 9991 the Same way? Or I have to wait for a new 9991 firmware?

---------- Post Merged at 05:11 PM ----------

I've got the box up and running via the hyperterminal rs232 port, just tried flashing the 9991 firmware on via hyperterminal and still same old loop problem, so I guess everyone like me with a new both will have to and until this problem is rectified by the clever people, frustrating as I wanted to watch the open this weekend ha. Anyone any ideas when I updated 9991 firmware will be updated?

any time now the official firmware was out last week usually takes a week or 2 after that for the 9991 to come out

I was given a new patched firmware last night but still not managed to test it yet. It will be getting tested in the morning on one of the newer boxes. If it works, i will then share. But it i need to test it first.

You need a rs232 lead and the nova upgrade .exe, the latest blade firmware and run the nova program selecting the firmware then wait.

---------- Post Merged at 11:38 PM ----------

Is there any chance you could give me the new FW as I had to rs232 nova upgrade my box with the latest official FW now I'm stuck with fta only! I'll take all responsibility for my box if it don't work! Please mate.

iI have now tested the new patched firmware and it is working. Im not sure how to put it on here, but if a mod will help, i will share the file.

---------- Post Merged at 12:51 PM ----------

I have put the new firmware on two boxes and it is working perfectly, im going out now but will upload it when i get back. I will need one of the mods off here to allow it though.

What do you mean, your going OUT
lmao

---------- Post Merged at 02:02 PM ----------

lmao

---------- Post Merged at 02:02 PM ----------

lmao

I have tried to upload the file but got this error message
  • You may only upload or link to the following extensions: .png .jpg .rar .zip .doc .exe .img .pdf

Thats what im doing now

---------- Post Merged at 04:25 PM ----------

Iv now uploaded the file, but i got this message " This file is in the moderation queue "

Back