blue screen.error stop:0x0000007E

Hi all have a laptop here dell inspiron 1545 OS VISTA,with the blue screen iv tried a vista installation disc to repair but did no good,iv tried safe mode but only loads half way,had a look on google and Microsoft and found a fix but how do i apply the fix when windows wont load,iv tried mounting the fix on a disc using infarecorder but disc wont boot.

stop:0x0000007E

Any Help Much appreciated :beg::beg::beg:

your drivers need updating Driver Genius PRO 10.0.0.712 + Crack.rar
Code:
http://www.fileserve.com/file/kMaf2yN

Last edited:
A blue screen is normaly an indication of a hardware fault. Anything from damaged hard drive sectors to faulty memory, Some things to try are,

Remove any hardware not required like wireless cards etc, a stick of memory one at a time if it has 2, then see if laptop boots. Try another stick from another laptop if you only have one stick and you can get at another laptop using the same memory.

Download and burn the Hiren boot CD iso to a CD (download here), boot up to the CD boot options and choose boot mini XP, then go to the C:\ drive (or whatever your drive in question is) right click it, choose properties, tools, check now, select both disc option check boxes, then start. This will run Chkdsk which hopefuly wil fix any bad sectors which may have corrupted some boot files.

The final option is to do a system recovery of your laptop to origional condition from new. This is usually done by pressing the FN key with a predefined key like F11 for example then following the prompts, or by dabbing the F8 button when first powering on the laptop, then selecting repair your computer and recovery install or the like. This will loose any programs and documents you have added yourself. You can use the Hiren disk to boot to Mini XP, then go to your hard drive to locate any documents\photos etc you may want to copy and back up to a flash drive 1st.

With that particular laptop, holding the FN key as you power on might load up a symptom tree for you to diagnose hardware faults.
That or use the drivers dvd if you have it to load it up instead.

Vista System Health Report - save in HTM or HTML format -
START | type perfmon /report - 60 seconds viewer appears - save as HTML file

msinfo32 - save as NFO file
START type msinfo32 - hit enter - viewer appears. Save as NFO (sys info) file - you'll see NFO file ext when you go to save it

Thanks lads for the help,i done as axxxo said and done a diagnostic test every think passed except for the hard drive test (error code 0f00:075d) i done a bit of research and found that most say the hard drive needs replacing i next went and done what Jodav said and downloaded the Hiren boot CD and run Chkdsk but after it finished it was still the same so i done a few other things like i ran a couple of virus scans but only picked up some adware,i was also able to go into documents and pictures and save all the stuff to USB witch was good cause all the owner really worried about was the pictures,Hiren boot CD is really a good piece a software,so with owners approval i wiped the drive and loaded windows 7 put pictures back on and seems to be working a dream so thanks again lads.:happy:

Back