bm5000s

sargy1971

just purchased a Blade bm5000s and is on its way

Im basically wanting to know exactly what I need to do to get up and running?

ive recently had a xbmc android box and thought everything streaming was hit and miss

I might sound thick but are channels ie sports , streamed or actually received by satellite?

thanks in advance

I had mine about a week. Channels are received via satellite as per sly. You need the box connected to the internet, it needs to be flashed with some custom firmware and then you need to purchase a line/ccam to de-crypt the channels you want to watch. There's a great post in the sticky section detailing how to set everything up.

Just don't leave on a free to air channel for more then 15 mins otherwise your $ channels will not work and you will have to switch off the box and on again.

Ok thanks for your replies, which server is best? Why do $ channels knock off after being on free channels? Is this just on the blade box or all of them?

Not had any issues with leaving box on FTA channels?? Just watched FTA channel for the lst hour and now switched to sly1 and its working fine. @sargy just post in the server/line request forum and you will get a few good offers. ask for a fre 24hr trial to make sure your happy with the service.

Flashed with the latest in the Sticky/downloads section. Only other thing I have done is add the 7day epg update - not sure I needed to but did it anyway and everything seems to be working.

**edit**

Just tested it again, watched 20 mins of bbc2 then using the epg button went to sly1 and no issues.

Last edited:
Ok I will let you know how it goes so far its affected 5 people who are registered with techkings good luck with your remote mine stopped working last month it only worked for 4 months.

I have put in July 7 firmware and am still having the same problem when I leave on a FTA channel for 15 mins and go back to encrypted channel it wont work I have to switch it off from the back.

this problem has gone on since I bought the box with all he firmware releases since January and it's still not sorted

That's strange I bought Blade 5000s on March and this issue started three weeks ago.

I had to go back to Jan 25 firmware as July 7 one wont download 7 day epg and goes into boot loop big problem but im sorted now the only problem I have is cccam dropping out.

Last edited:
Back