Box number changed from a 12 digit number to a 6 digit number after 3.0 update

ap123ap

Hi all

I paid my subs earlier quoting the 12 digit number that appeared on my box in system information. Since then I updated the box to v.3.0 firmware and the box number has changed to a 6 digit number (the last 6 digits of the 12 digit number). Will this have any impact on my sub payment?

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't bet your house on anything I say, but, I should imagine that your sub is for 6 or 12 months regardless. ~Is it currently still recieving all the channels?? If so it is recognising your "new" number.

The sub payment hasnt been processed yet so i am not sure...

I only sent the payment a few hours ago but the number changed to 6 digits when i applied the update (after the payment was sent).

i think the only didgits that matter are the last 6 anyway..I read that on another thread somewhere. you call email the last 6 digits to the provider you sent payment to as well informing them cant you

hi ap123ap,
I am struggling to update the box to v.3.0 firmware. I aint sure if Im doing it right. I have a starview 6 with 2.21 currently on it.

I downloaded the 3.0 on here to a usb then plugged in back of box and tried different things but nothing happens. Please can you help me

hi ap123ap,
I am struggling to update the box to v.3.0 firmware. I aint sure if Im doing it right. I have a starview 6 with 2.21 currently on it.

I downloaded the 3.0 on here to a usb then plugged in back of box and tried different things but nothing happens. Please can you help me

I followed these instructions and it worked flawlessly:

copy 3.00.ups to a extrernal storage device or usb pen (make sure its formatted to fat 32)

insert extrernal storage device or usb pen into the usb ports at the rear of the box

Press menu > utility > Usb > uk > 3.00.ups > ok

s/w upgrade > ok

wait for s/w upgrade to complete and box to restart

once restarted
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Factory Default
menu > installtion > facotyr default > ok > ok
Scan for Channels
menu >installtion > autosearch > ok
sybol rate "your symbol rate" > search >wait for search to complete > ok >exit >exit
Activate
got to premium channels (ie sly sports 1) press 1819 on the remote

Screen format
menu > options > osd setup > screen format > ok > 16:9 > ok > exit > exit

Last edited by a moderator:
So, did the box number changing from 12 digit to 6 digit have an impact on you receving the channels?

Hi Ive been on hols for 3 weeks got two starview 7's with subs firmware on them is smgo2.21.ups and now not working no expiry date on them just
put subs on one them as well so do i need this new firmware to get them working again :willy nilly:

Back