box stuck on boot

gmanpanthro

TK Veteran
hi, i got my uncle a h2h box today, and tried flashing it with a usb stick that ive used many many times to flash h2s boxes with the biohead atv 5.3 cable only image and im about tearing my hair out with it

i put the image onto the usb stick and put it into the back port as usual. it said FLSH and about 1 min later it said boot with red light. now usually it would then go to boot with green light, but its stuck on red light

ive tried all different usb sticks, and llf the one ive always used but it wont work. it says FLSH then 1 min later its stuck on boot again.

is it bricked?

You say it says FLSH for about 1 minute?

When I flashed a h2h with a usb 3.0 stick it took 2-3 minutes until it said boot (I don't know if thats because the image may of been bigger than the one your trying to flash), maybe try flashing another image to see if that is the difference, or different usb stick

Ive tried numerous usb sticks, dsayers latest image, even the official build on zgemma.tv but they all do the same thing. FLSH for 1 min then red boot and there it stays forever.

where did you get the h2h from? have you tried flashing openatv as well as openvix?

I had a situation a while back with a zgemma - it was hanging on the boot bit.
It's worth trying:
turn it off unplug everything & only plug in
power
hdmi
USB stick in the back port when you are flashing it

where did you get the h2h from? have you tried flashing openatv as well as openvix?

I had a situation a while back with a zgemma - it was hanging on the boot bit.
It's worth trying:
turn it off unplug everything & only plug in
power
hdmi
USB stick in the back port when you are flashing it

I got it off of ebay, but ive bought loads of h2S from the same seller without any problems. This has been my first h2h. Yeah i tried both atv and vix images. Ill try that out in the morning as been giving me a headache and need some sleep.

Thanks

I'm convinced there's a bug knocking around somewhere as i never have any trouble flashing my Zgemma's box but tonight my H2H has just drove me daft for the last 4 hours.
I was backing up my image to pass on to someone else and the dam thing just wouldnt play ball, it backed up great, then i zipped it up and put it in my dropbox, when downloading and unzipping and then transferring to the USB it decides not to flash for some strange reason. I had to back it up again, and again until i finally got the thing working, can't actually work out where the problem was.
The only thing i can say is that Zgemma's cause me some grief now and again where as my other boxes just do as there told. :yes!:
So i have an image if you want to drive your self daft lol ( no, it really does work now)

Last edited:
Hi just tried your backup image and its says FLSH after pressing power button and stays like that until it says boot, but unfortunately its just the same as before it sticks at boot with red light and doesnt move away from it [emoji853]

Think this is a busted box and ive emailed the seller on ebay see if i can return it for a replacement.

Thanks again for your help

I think your your right (faulty box) that image definitely works, I tried it 3 times last night before giving out the link

Back