brisket the OVEN way....

greensman

I LOVE TEXAS!!!
TK Supporter
Take your market trimmed brisket (or trim the fat yourself to about 1/4-3/8 inch) and coat generously with Spicy Brown Mustard (generic will do), coating meaty side first.... sprinkle spices over coated brisket and gently pat in spices to ensure they hold to the meat!!

Set on wire rack (fatty side up) and coat fatty side with spicy brown mustard and then coat again with spices and gently pat in spices...

Place in pre-heated oven (450F) for about 1 hour (I did a 6 pounder today for about 1 hour) then cover entire cookie sheet and brisket with foil to lock in flavor, juices, and steam!!! Cook another 4-6 hours on 230F, remove let set for 10-20 minutes then slice AGAINST the grain to provide a non-stringy cut and eat with whatever and whoever you choose!!!! ;)

Your favorite rub will do (I like dry rubs but marinating works too) as I make me own. :)

Basic spices I add......
Garlic (granulated)
Salt (very little)
Paprika
pepper
onion powder (granulated actually)
chili powder
cayenne pepper (just a little goes a long way remember??)
mesquite or hickory "flavoring"
Blend in your own "proportions" and use on anything!!! lol.

additional note: When cooking larger briskets (10+ lbs) you'll have to increase cooking times to as much as 8-10 hours and maybe go a little longer on 450F, 1 hr 15min to 1hr 30min but be very aware you'll get some "crunchies" with increased times!! ;)

GOOD LUCK to those that take on this cooking adventure.... :grin:

poor excuse for a real Texas bbq'd briskey like how my friend and super chef, the gm, does it

poor excuse for a real Texas bbq'd briskey like how my friend and super chef, the gm, does it

NOW hold on there ENDO... lol. You know that some folks don't have a smoker and this is a decent replacement for the lack of a REAL smoked brisket!!! :whistling:

Back