Buy pre setup box or do myself..

dunk2710

Hi All,

I was looking at buying a ZGemma H.2H box but I'm unsure if i want to buy a pre-setup box from sat-tech-uk or try and save some monney and buy the box from Zgemma Star H.2H Two Tuner DVB S2 + DVB T2/C and then have a blast at setting it up myself?

whats everybodys recommendation? What else would I need to buy to have access to all channels if i bought the box directly from Zgemma?

The reviews from on the Sat Tech UK FB page all say its worth the money:https://www.facebook.com/sattechuk1/reviews

I have Virgin Media Fibre cable at the moment.

Ask yourself, is it worth an extra £60 or so to copy something to a USB drive plug it into the box? Because that's all you need to do.
All the backup images on here are ready to go - you don't have to do any configuration changes and best of all they're FREE! In fact, some sellers actually use FREE images from TechKings and charge for copying a folder to a USB stick and inserting it into the box!

What you will need to use the service is a LINE. This is a username and password to a server that provides you with the decryption keys. You'll still need one of these even if you buy that preflashed boxed (and on VM you're looking around the £60 a year ball park).

Ask yourself, is it worth an extra £60 or so to copy something to a USB drive plug it into the box? Because that's all you need to do.
All the backup images on here are ready to go - you don't have to do any configuration changes and best of all they're FREE! In fact, some sellers actually use FREE images from TechKings and charge for copying a folder to a USB stick and inserting it into the box!

What you will need to use the service is a LINE. This is a username and password to a server that provides you with the decryption keys. You'll still need one of these even if you buy that preflashed boxed (and on VM you're looking around the £60 a year ball park).

BioHead:

so the steps would be:

1. Buy a box.
2. Flash it with a free image from TechKings
3. Buy a "Line" from somewhere
4. Enter Line's details on Box and connect to Line provider server

Any recommendations on what image i should use? and a trusted line provider?

Thanks for your help on this :)

For Zgemma I would go with an OpenATV based image like Wooshbuild

Post a request for a line here

Read the advisory on post #1 before requesting

That's pretty much it.

The image you can use really depends on your needs. I have my own image, for using Cable only. DSayers image is recommended for cable and sat together. Whooshbuild and sucmnsee if good for satellite only.

There's a request a line thread elsewhere on the forum. There's one for cable and one for sat. I'm on my mobile so sorry I can't provide the links to you - but you'll find them in the cable section and satellite section.

Some images require you to FTP the file onto the box. Others let you copy to it from USB.

That's pretty much it.

The image you can use really depends on your needs. I have my own image, for using Cable only. DSayers image is recommended for cable and sat together. Whooshbuild and sucmnsee if good for satellite only.

There's a request a line thread elsewhere on the forum. There's one for cable and one for sat. I'm on my mobile so sorry I can't provide the links to you - but you'll find them in the cable section and satellite section.

Some images require you to FTP the file onto the box. Others let you copy to it from USB.

BioHead:

I don't have a satellite so a cable only image will do me.

On the Request a line thread is it possible to get a trial to make sure it's the real deal, or are they all trustworthy? I must sound paranoid but I'm brand new to this and don't want to part with my money to scammers.

I shall have a look myself through the forum and see what i can find, however if you get a chance could you send me some useful links.

---------- Post Merged at 04:43 PM ----------

For Zgemma I would go with an OpenATV based image like Wooshbuild

Post a request for a line here

Read the advisory on post #1 before requesting

Bees:

Thank you for the link. I shall need to find out what a C line and a N line is first then ha.

Is there a central location were i could compare images to be installed on a ZGemma box?

Do it yourself

Do everything tech related yourself

If you have a device educate yourself fully on the ins and outs

Every problem you encounter and overcome will make you learn, knowledge is power

FWIW Biohead's image is great for cable only, i have set it up for several people its practically good to go

Personally i am loving openspa

If you only have cable why not look for a box with a twin cable tuner

I didn't know you got them, i thought you could only get single cable tuner or single cable tuner and single sat tuner on one box. I'll have a look for cable dual tuner :)

---------- Post Merged at 12:38 PM ----------

Do it yourself

Every problem you encounter and overcome will make you learn, knowledge is power

FWIW Biohead's image is great for cable only, i have set it up for several people its practically good to go

Do you means the OPENATV - Wooshbuild?

I didn't know you got them, i thought you could only get single cable tuner or single cable tuner and single sat tuner on one box. I'll have a look for cable dual tuner :)

---------- Post Merged at 12:38 PM ----------

Do it yourself

Do you means the OPENATV - Wooshbuild?

Yes his build is highly recommended (as is Dsayer or Biohead)

They do all of the hard work for you so dont forget to say thanks if you use on of their builds

Back