buying a blade

spirerite

Hi, I'm looking to buy a mid range box to eventually receive sky.UK through it, can someone recommend me a box which would be reasonable easy to set up please, I currently have sky but I am running another cable from the dish to behind the tv to feed my new box, router is also at this point, and good external hard drive to do the recording on , once set up should I post on here for someone to recommend a decent stable server? Cheers

Blade 7000 or Technomate 5402 will do the job nicely,and are easy to set up. I got a cheap LG usb,no power supply,drive years ago and haven't had any problems.You can do a speed test(is in USB/Disk Manager on the TM and Utilities/Disk Management on the Blade) and check to see how good the drive is.Send it back if necessary.You need good ping times,not download speeds,on your internet.They say less than 100ms but mine worked fine at less than 150ms.Best pm someone for a reliable server.Good luck.Cheers.Mark

There is an existing thread for asking for info on servers ect. Use that if you need any help/advice in that department.
And personally I would go with the blade over technomate. I've owned both receivers, and the blade is easier to update and the EPG and channel grouping seemed better.

Back