Cam and dowel fasteners

wiganspur

Anyone got any tips for cam and dowel fasteners? I'm attempting to make a desk from some mdf boarding and hope to use the fasteners to fix it together.
I've bought some drill bits to make the relevant holes to take the cams but I don't have a fixed jig setup - advice welcome.

Thanks HiTeck Sorry for the delay in replying and using the wrong forum, new to this still, the templates guide looks very helpful

The paper template works well, its also easy to make your own jig, I use these quite often so made my own from a block of wood.

Limited trials carried out to date but the templates seem fine I've done a few dummy runs I just need to make the jig to be certain of success, thanks again for the tips

just thought I'd let you know the templates and jig were a great success, desk made! and my wife and daughter are well happy with it.
Thanks again for your help - sorry for the delay in getting back on but I've been away on a footy trip to Malaga (v Getafe) and of course been busy preparing and making a desk.

Back