Can a signal be sent from the vu box to either a android box or openbox ?

Giveusalook

Hi ,
I've heard that you can d/L an app for android smart phone to receive a signal from the vu box so that you can watch it on a smart phone.
Could this be done by sending a signal to either a android box or openbox?:anyonethere:

What is it you wish to do? You might be able to access recordings on the box but not sure about being able to see live tv on another device. If you just want to view live telly on another TV via your other boxes i don't think you can. I just use a video sender on the SCART socket.

Yes, it can be sent to Android devices, a few different ones, I use VuPlayer, TiMote and dreamdroid....to name a few, just install it on the android device and set up the app and you can stream to the android device

It doesn't, provided you don't open ports etc to try viewing outside the network. All you're doing is connecting to the box over your home network from another device.

I watch mine through Kodi on my laptop when the other half's got her shite on.

Jest a quick update, I've D/L the Vu +player Hd and set it up using Lan over Wi-fi. Good picture using it on Android smartphone .
i will try and set it up so I can access it from a outside source for when I'm out and about.

Make sure you make this as secure as possible as otherwise there's a risk of people getting into your network. There are a few threads on the zgemma section and on the general satellite (all relevant as it's all enigma2 unless it says openbox or something).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back