1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone tell me what .xml or file determines when reboot says H.2S or H.2H ?

Discussion in 'Zgemma Star H.2H' started by XSONY_NGUX, Dec 19, 2016.

XSONY_NGUX TK Veteran

When i reboot my H.2H it says Your Zgemma H.2S will reboot and not H.2H

Same with OpenWebif in the right corner displays H.2S..

Can someone tell me how i can fix this?

Using Latest Backup by Sucmnsee...

2. gav28uk

gav28uk Member

Good question! I am running Red-HD skin. I have found the reboot PNG file that lives in /usr/share/enigma2/Red-HD/infobar/reboot.png, but that doesn't contain the text "Your Zgemma H.2S will reboot", which is a shame! Have searched through all of the skin XML files and have drawn a blank.
  3. Willo3092

Willo3092 TK Veteran Forum Supporter

I've a feeling the box picks that up from boxbranding.so in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/
    I don't know if you can edit it it though.

When I did a software update on ViX it ended up as a Mut@nt HD 1500 lol

EDIT: I know you're not supposed to update the software on patched firmware but I like to live dangerously!
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  4. gav28uk

gav28uk Member

Yeah as it happens I just stumbled across that file, no idea how you would edit this file though, it certainly isn't a text file!
  5. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

With chabs vm skin in his skin.xml it had a reference to your enigma2 box is rebooting
  6. Willo3092

I just flashed stock H2H firmware on my H2S and extracted the boxbranding.so.

Copy this one over to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/

XSONY_NGUX TK Veteran

Checked in skin.xml using slyk q skin which i installed no mention of even the letter 'h'.
  8. kiddac

kiddac Banned banned

its nothing to do with any skin code. it's your boxes code.

XSONY_NGUX TK Veteran

So anyway the boxes code can be altered or would i brick the box?

Using Vix and the H.2S is appearing at the reboot screen and the OpenWebif screen in the top right.
  10. Willo3092

I've already told you which file it is and given you a link for the correct file for the H2H.
    I have proved it is this file by copying it to a H2S which now says it is a H2H in Information > About and reports 'Your H2H is now shutting down' on the reboot screen.

XSONY_NGUX TK Veteran

Ok thanks will give it ago and report back just seen the hyperlink for the download lol thanks
  12. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

I said it was chabs vm skin that has your enigma2 box is rebooting text he must have had an element to change it.

But willow has provided a file to do it for you.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

XSONY_NGUX TK Veteran

All fixed, thank you Willo and Dsayers you're both amazing.