Can't Access AMIKO 'Net Client Config" Area (micro hd se)

Burp

What can I say.. I was effing around with the config file after finding out I could password protect access to this area I entered the following on the header cfg~1~1~20151212 after the reboot it asked me for a password to enter the Net Client Config area, I entered 20151212 and it lets me in, no probs. So wanting a shorter access code I changed the header to cfg~1~0~999 (also changed the second 1 to a 0 for reasons best asked to my subconscious) and nooooo it wont except 999 or 00000999 or 99900000 and I cant get back into the config area! I tried re-flashing the box with Bootloader & SW but still no access!

Yes I know... I'm a tit!

As luck would have it its already programmed and working, but if the server ever changes I'm stuffed.

Anyone know how to get past this? Or do I use it as a brick come the day?

Yes I know... I'm a tit!

I totally agree lol

The only thing you can do is re flash with the 3.5mm jack / RS232 cable
and set the box up again from scratch.

If you haven't got your line details you will loose them, so maybe just do it when your line
stops working.

You will need a lead like this

jack plug.jpg

The Amiko Toolbox which you use to flash the firmware and the firmware itself

@ blackinpool tried the 0000000 of course.

Thanks, I had a feeling it was going to be the RS232 route bees, presumably its the xxx.ubs file that I'm flashing it with?

The 9 pin outlet on the PC might be harder to find haha, I have a USB to serial port somewhere....

Previous post needs moderator approval?

Try again, thanks bees, I had a feeling it was going to be the RS232 route, its the xx.abs file I'm flashing with yes?

Amiko Toolbox you mention, I haven't been able to find one specific to the Micro HD SE box, do you know does it exist for this box?

Last edited:
I haven't had to do one, but my guess is the toolbox is just a loader program for the firmware
so the model shouldn't be that important.

I used ".emu" firmware on mine when I had it

Back