Can't Channel Number Whilst In EPG

donski

Can't Search For Channel Number Whilst In EPG

Just a minor issue but I can't seem to enter the channel number whilst in the EPG, you have to come out of the EPG, press '401' for sky sports news and then it will find the channel.

Is this a setting change somewhere, I've checked all settings but cannot find anything.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
This is default behaviour. The numeric keypad have alternative functions in the epg.

see this thread for a list of remote control options
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/69638-there-button-jump-page-epg-bluehd.html#post428544

If you want to be able to type numbers in the epg, you need to load the epg hack onto your box. This will add the sky tabs across the top of the epg (sky like), change the coloured buttons at the bottom to be more like sky and enable you to type a number in the epg.

You can find these files and instructions in my dropbox, on my slyk1hd thread at the top of the zgemma 2s forum.

Please can you confirm what you mean by
7. Amend the first section of extras.xml that can be located on your box here /usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1-hd

I have FTP'd the EpgSelection.py file across to the box

It means open the file called extras.xml located at /usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1-hd using whatever method you use to connect to your box from your computer and edit the file according to the instructions.

To turn on the EPG pabs once you have copied the epgselection.py file you need the top section. It should end up like this:

Code:
<!-- EPGS                                                -->        <!-- EPG SKY TABS - amend the panel numbers below        -->
        <!-- 1 = original no tabs (default)                      -->
        <!-- 2 = sky tabs - EpgSelection.py needs to be replaced in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Screens -->
        <!-- edit both panels -->

<!-- EPG  (epg button)-->
	<screen name="GraphicalEPGPIG" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="black" transparent="0" flags="wfNoBorder">
                <panel name="GraphicalEPGPIG2"/>	
        </screen>

<!-- expanded EPG (epg button - TV hold) -->
       	<screen name="GraphicalEPG" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="black" transparent="0" flags="wfNoBorder">
                <panel name="GraphicalEPG2"/>	
       	</screen>

Save the file back to the box and restart.

Back