Cable Can't find any cable channels

bob213

Hi all

I recently bought a Zgemma Star H1. The satellite tuner has been working great. But I can't get any signal on the cable tuner. Is anyone able to give me some help or advice please?

My cable line is active as it provides my broadband internet from Virmin. On the Zgemma, Tuner B is enabled:

DVUEe0v.jpg

I live in Gateshead and I've found on this site that the numbers I need are 40969, 571.000, and 6.952.

I've gone into the Reception Settings and set the Network ID to 40969 and set the provider to Virmin Media 6952:

IYovlf9.jpg

In the EPG section I've set the area to 40969 Gateshead in AutoBouquetsMaker:

uLgVfNP.jpg

And I've tried to do a manual scan (predefined transponder) on the tuner using 571 Mhz and 6952 as is listed above for Gateshead.

LoBql7s.jpg

I've also tried the same with a user-defined transponder:

pLOiuAP.jpg

However both of the above always bring back the message "Scanning completed, 0 channels found":

Y3cZasP.jpg

I've now run out of ideas and I don't know where to go from here. From everything I can find out online, it looks like I have configured it correctly. But I am no expert with these things so I don't know what might be wrong. I don't pay for TV from virmin, but everyone has told me that it should still be fine if the line is actively providing broadband. I've also tried adding an N-Line but that doesn't work either - not surprising as it's failing before it gets to that point.

Is it possible there may be a fault with the hardware?

Any help or suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Bob

Hi guys, thanks for replying

Where is your cable plugged into?

There are 2 wall boxes coming into the house and I've tried plugging into both. The downstairs one has just one F-socket, not currently in use, so I've tried plugging directly into that from the Zgemma. The upstairs box (an old Telewest box) has 2 F-sockets, one of which is labelled 'TV' going to the broadband router so I've tried adding a splitter to that so it goes to both the Zgemma and the router. I've also tried connecting to the free F-socket (labelled 'FM'). All have the same result, 0 channels.

Have you tried running autobouquets, that should bring your channels in.

Yes I tried, no success, I can't remember the exact message it gave me but it was along the lines of 'tuner error' which I assumed was due to not being able to complete the tuner scan. Autobouquets runs fine for Sky UK & Ireland but when I deactivated those and try with Virgin, no luck.

Thanks again

Just to say thanks for your help. Some combination of doing those things managed to get it working on one of the cable wall boxes in the end. It seems the other cable wall box (downstairs) is completely dead, as it doesn't work if I plug the same box into that. Do you know if there'd be a way of getting it turned back on? Or would that need a VM engineer to come out?

hi I'm having the same problem
I followed this now got all the channels but still not working
help please
thanks

In the days of dodgy net my mate used to just go plug his line back in at the main box. Every now and then it'd be shut down but he just reconnected. That maybe why that one is down.

Back