1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Change host name on ZGemma H2H

Discussion in 'Zgemma Star H.2H' started by Brazilian, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Brazilian

Brazilian Registered

Is there anyway to change the hostname on a zgemma h2h, mines showing as a Zgemma H2S on my router. Its probably part of the image so anyone know what file i need to be looking for to change it?

I ask because if I can see it as that hostname then so can vermin....like to stay away from caged bars if you know what I mean!

---------- Post Merged at 11:15 PM ----------

Its OK I missed this thread earlier when I was searching, haven't tried it yet but if anyone else is interested then heres a link:

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/72806-can-zgemma-name-listed-router-change.html

---------- Post Merged at 11:30 PM ----------

Or you can edit the hostname file with notepad and change it to any name you want, just done that rebooted the box and now showing as netgear :woohoo:

2. biff2005

biff2005 Registered

yes you can m8

menu
    setup
    system
    network
    mounts setup
    mount manager
    change hostname

change it to what ever you want

hope this helps

---------- Post Merged on 27-12-2016 at 12:06 AM ----------

once changed hostname reboot your router and zgemma h.2h

this does work ive done mine ok on virmin

3. bangord30

bangord30 TK Veteran

If you do an ip scan though you will see the original name shows still. It stems from an identifier in the Mac addresses.

4. biff2005

biff2005 Registered

ive logged into my router and it shows the name i changed it to ??
    ran Advanced IP Scanner and it shows the name i changed it to in that programme ??

5. lashter

lashter Registered

is there a way to change the original name so when you cheque your ip scan it does not show on there