Change location/ region

jigger121

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
My xbox 360 is really starting to do my head in, when i first made my account i had my locale to ireland (mainly because i didnt want a union jack beside my name haha). Now when i try to download games and add ons it says, this game is not available in your location. I was wondering does anyone know how to change my settings to united kingdom so i can get these addons, without having to modd my xbox

Sorry for the late reply, ive tried that before and when i still want to buy games etc i have to pay in euros

Any time i have seen this problem there doesnt seem to be a solution to it other than creating a new gamertag account for the location you are in, which obviously is a terrible option if you have ms points, live subscription and gamerscore related to your current account.
Even contacting microsoft about it doesnt seem to help but i would encourage you to do so anyhow to register a complaint about the matter.
You could also drive back over the border to the good ole republic and download it from an irish ip address...not a permanent solution but should work :)
The same happened to the brother when he moved from the republic to the north, he contacted ms and they told him there was nothing they could do.

Back